JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 08-27-2019 03:08 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
userH0pDXxtzuq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm a little confused why 1) people don't seem to think it's a big deal not to have a persistent notification alerting you of missed calls and messages while the screen is off and 2) Why it's so difficult for Samsung to integrate a setting that enables a simple replacement for the missing led using the camera cutout.

After weeks of struggling with 3rd party apps that are unreliable and drain battery with unnecessary animations I finally found "LED Me Know". It can hide the AOD until there's a notification and even hides the AOD clock when there are notifications. The result? I get a basic flashing circle around the camera cutout with a black screen which uses little battery and does exactly what I need it to.

Why isn't this a part of the OS? I don't think I'm the only person who puts their phone on a desk or night stand that would like a constant flashing alert on the screen that uses as little battery as possible so we know at a glance we should check the phone when we walk back in the room. Having the screen on when there are no notifications is unnecessary and actually makes it less obvious when there are notifications. If I want to see the time I'll just wake the phone.

useriUM94v2wov
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Here we are at September 5th, 2019, and still no Notification LED. Edge lighting notifcations do not work, the silly workaround app is ridiculous and flaky. Last update from SamsungAdam was 3/28, so he's probably jumped ship on this. Sadly this will be my last Samsung Galaxy purchase, and the Q60 TV I bought 2 weeks ago will be my last Samsung ANYTHING purchase. Not impressed with vaporware strategies. 

userW7OuB20aoi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have just got my new S10 I am very disappointed that there is no notification light to tell me when charging finished charging emails messages what's app facebook etc I dont want to have the sound up when I'm at work and constantly have the phone going off. It was so much easier on the s8 with a small flashing light in the corner. What on earth possessed Samsung to take this away. Rediculous 

0 Likes
Dreknows
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is what I mean it's like no though goes  into the functionality of the product like Spen air gestures are garbage never work 

0 Likes
Trackah123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Any news regarding the notification light? i just got my new S10 but this vital feature is missing, its a great phone but without that notification light, i miss out on important stuff.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So this should not be marked as a solution. Correct?

(Update several minutes later to the above post)

Interesting, I'm on my tablet and it allowed me to post on this subject or thread. So I said kool, they got the site fixed and I can start asking some questions. NOT, after the above post I went to reply to another and I got the same old error, but it allowed me to edit this reply. So I've come to the conclusion not only does Samsung not care about the consumer merchandise wise, but it spills over to this forum. Shame, I was such a dedicated Samsung user.

jeffoutside
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is there a new ETA for the update? 

Thank you.

userUWChGnmJQs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Pleased ??? Very importante feature deleted  and you call it PLEASED ???

userTh9TTWXuQY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

"Upgraded" to a S10 Plus from an S7 that I've used for 3 years. Very disappointed with the lack of charging and notification LED indicators... When I look at my phone when it's plugged in, i always wonder if it's charging or even if it's on.

This is such an expensive phone and the LED is such a basic option, it boggles my mind that Samsung would purposely exclude it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I fixed the problem. I sold the phone and went back to my S9 unitl I can get some surgeries out of the way and then Back to iPhone or another phone that is not that stupid to take away a most relied on little LED. 

0 Likes