JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 02-27-2019 07:54 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Anonymous  you will be pleased to hear that the S10 family will be using the camera cutout hole for the notification light. A spinning circle or other animation will appear in various colors around the camera hole. Whenever Face Recognition is used or the selfie camera is activated, the camera cutout will also light up again. It's pretty cool! 

Update: Turns out the release for this update has been delayed for some reason. We don't know why, and don't have access to that information from this end. Only developers know specifically when. I do believe the update is happening, as it was confirmed by a supervisor in the testing area after the Unpacked release event & afterward by a Samsung executive. 

View solution in context

517 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Anonymous  you will be pleased to hear that the S10 family will be using the camera cutout hole for the notification light. A spinning circle or other animation will appear in various colors around the camera hole. Whenever Face Recognition is used or the selfie camera is activated, the camera cutout will also light up again. It's pretty cool! 

Update: Turns out the release for this update has been delayed for some reason. We don't know why, and don't have access to that information from this end. Only developers know specifically when. I do believe the update is happening, as it was confirmed by a supervisor in the testing area after the Unpacked release event & afterward by a Samsung executive. 

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So someone says, but when? Is there an official announcement? A lack of the notification LED won't make me cancel my pre-order, but it's something I have been relying on for years, so I'd like to know.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Geno71  I don't know why not much is being said about it, but I heard this information from an executive directly after Unpacked in San Francisco. I wanted to make sure I had an answer for the Community because I knew people would be asking about the notification light. 🙂 

user9hiTL78Hbb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If everybody should  call Samsung  and Express this concern then maybe Samsung will do something about this, I am thinking of return this phone back to bestbuy for missing led notification. 

usermRV51rjKe9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's really a deal breaker for you? Seems a bit over the top

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@usermRV51rjKe9 I kind of feel the same way generally. 😂

userVP40yF35hk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Do we know when Samsung is going to announce the upgrade for notification light? I had chat with Samsung but did not get any positive response! I am very disappointed about not having the notification light on my S10+!

userH7KTBtkEEe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I contacted their customer service and was informed there are NO plans to update the software since there isn't an LED light in that area.

RRMalone
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
There is NO UPGRADE!