cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userW7OuB20aoi
Astronaut

Re: S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have just got my new S10 I am very disappointed that there is no notification light to tell me when charging finished charging emails messages what's app facebook etc I dont want to have the sound up when I'm at work and constantly have the phone going off. It was so much easier on the s8 with a small flashing light in the corner. What on earth possessed Samsung to take this away. Rediculous 

Dreknows
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is what I mean it's like no though goes  into the functionality of the product like Spen air gestures are garbage never work 

Trackah123
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any news regarding the notification light? i just got my new S10 but this vital feature is missing, its a great phone but without that notification light, i miss out on important stuff.

Goodole
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So this should not be marked as a solution. Correct?

(Update several minutes later to the above post)

Interesting, I'm on my tablet and it allowed me to post on this subject or thread. So I said kool, they got the site fixed and I can start asking some questions. NOT, after the above post I went to reply to another and I got the same old error, but it allowed me to edit this reply. So I've come to the conclusion not only does Samsung not care about the consumer merchandise wise, but it spills over to this forum. Shame, I was such a dedicated Samsung user.

jeffoutside
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there a new ETA for the update? 

Thank you.

userUWChGnmJQs
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pleased ??? Very importante feature deleted  and you call it PLEASED ???

userTh9TTWXuQY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"Upgraded" to a S10 Plus from an S7 that I've used for 3 years. Very disappointed with the lack of charging and notification LED indicators... When I look at my phone when it's plugged in, i always wonder if it's charging or even if it's on.

This is such an expensive phone and the LED is such a basic option, it boggles my mind that Samsung would purposely exclude it.

Goodole
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I fixed the problem. I sold the phone and went back to my S9 unitl I can get some surgeries out of the way and then Back to iPhone or another phone that is not that stupid to take away a most relied on little LED. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Goodole sorry to hear you're going to Apple over the lack of a dedicated notification LED indicator. I'm pretty sure Apple got rid of their notification LED as well though, so....

There are many apps that simulate this feature on the S10 that work splendidly. Holey Light is a great app made by a respected member  of XDA forums, Chainfire. Another is the Edge Lighting+ from Samsung; there is a camera cutout option for the edge lighting. 

HogCall
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is still no LED notification light. I miss text & other notifications ALL. THE. TIME. because my phone sits there dark, not letting me know that I didn't see it at the exact moment it arrived. Whomever took away the LED light (or hasn't gotten this supposed new light to work) is ruining the phone.  I won't buy another Samsung if there is no LED light.