Constellation

Re: Led Notification Light

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What settings have you set for this to work? Please share

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As a public warning the mods would like to say that any and all attacks towards any individuals, ambassador or not, will need to cease or the thread will be shut down. At this time the notification light is not available, however, we have escalated the feature request in the hopes that it will be added in the next update. Thank you guys for your posts here in the Community.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usery6uesnp2ec
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I get a feeling this is blowing smoke. The LED is hardware. A physical device that must be present. A software update can't add this. It would have to already exist, and if it exists, why would it be turned off to begin with? Not buying it.

userLjNky1nh8L
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The edge lighting is working fine for me. Problem is it's only effective if you happen to be looking at your phone the minute a notification comes in.  The lighting happens once and does not repeat so unless you happen to have your phone in your sight when it happens I can see why you'd assume it's not working at all.  Now really Samsung..how many people are actually looking at their phone's at all times just so thye don't miss a notification? 

userfWHySRJTZ4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userWmCfcCyRUL you have to consider that this phone is new it will get updates to fix bugs and other things

userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know,  but for 1000$ you should expect that basic functionalities works as expected. It is not unused feature like edge lighting for notifications, especially that notification diod has been removed

user9hiTL78Hbb
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I totally agree,  for $1000 it should work as design, why give us edge lighting not working, when samsung took out led notification light, Samsung must fix edge lighting and give us the option to repeat until clear notification, That what I thought .

userv63ne11noK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
+1. I also would like to express my strong disapointment with this maybe basic and not so important issue for many. Me personally tough, I consider usability of notification led and facing finger print scanner in a only reasonable place which is in front of the device- as same important. So yeah, when they finally released phone with such scanner I finally found reason to say bye to my beloved S7. And quess what, missing notification light or rather missing notification solution, because edge light simply dos not work in that manner. Face palm, thank you Smiley Happy For me too: notification edge light works only with messages. And only for one single light up, but I find it designed that way. So definitaly looking forward to software update to fix this h..ll of a issue taking a lot of usability from our handheld beautys.
usernGMZOuE6pY
Constellation

LED Notification's Light

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where is the LED notification light on the Galaxy s10?!? Removing this feature was the WORSE decision at anyone at Samsung has ever made.  I am very disappointed that this feature was removed.  I will be returning my device if this cannot be resolved.

user9hiTL78Hbb
Cosmic Ray

Re: LED Notification's Light

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Every body in this forum,  should all return this phone back to Samsung,  then I think they will listen to us.