JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 02-27-2019 07:54 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION
517 Replies
winedrop
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

TOTALLY AGRESSD !!!

0 Likes
user4Nfww8XOVk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

They can't do an update about the LED notification because it's all screen infinity O display. The hole cut out only houses the camera. Just tap to wake the screen

0 Likes
winedrop
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

the main point of having the LED notification is without tapping or touch the phone on and off to check for incoming call or message.

Lnc0911
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I think the stress over no led is a little ridiculous.   You can see that you have a notification on the AOD.  Bringing back a LED either puts another hole in the display or makes a thicker top bezel.  I'll take more display over a silly LED notification any day of the week.  Plus I'm sure they are going to push an update with utilization of the camera cutout for notifications.   An LED light as a deal breaker on the best smartphone ever made seems a little picky 

userblhUKuQ3LV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Lnc0911 AOD is not a replacement. You can't know if you have a new message or not from a small distance by looking at AOD. You CAN by looking at the LED. Also AOD shows messages all the time so what if you don't want other people sitting near you see your messages? You can't with AOD on.
Fact is that LED is MUCH more useful than AOD so you talk about different things.
Also some people value LED notification much higher than you so it's highly subjective. Samsung has lost 1000$ at least from me since i had regretted and will not buy the S10+ because of lack of LED notification and i see many other people complaining too, so there is hope with S11 LED will return or Samsung at smartphones at least for me would be history....

userpq79AENzXR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If I dont get a confirmation soon about making an update for the camera cutout to flash like a led light for notifications Im returning this S10 plus. Great phone. But I need that feature.

userPMSs2gzgUA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Bro its not big of a deal just wait

0 Likes
Wacky2bakky
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Lol seriously not that big of a issue where u need to return the phone. Two options, u can use always on display to know when u get a notification or use this third party app I'm currently using that makes the light around the camera cutout flash when receiving a notification. It's called Always On Edge- Edge Lighting. In the Google playstore. Problem Solved 🙂

0 Likes
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Maybe it's not a big deal to you, but it clearly is to this user and many others. 

And no, using a third party app is not really an acceptable substitute. Telling people "you can live without that feature" is being extremely calloused and disrespectful to the needs of others. 

izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userpq79AENzXR Already a lot of discussion on this here > https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/pGalaxy-S10/Led-Notification-Light/m-p/466732#M450

I was also planning to cancel but I had no option to do so. However, for now I am living with a less functional "Always of Egde" app available on playstore until and IF samsung implements the same.

@userPMSs2gzgUA It's a personal choice. But it is a dealbreaker. Samsung might not have imagined how important this is in so many people's life. This tiny little led also influenced my preference over iPhone. For SO MANY people, it is the same I believe. It's a core feature that we use everyday (I would rather say every minute).

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some