JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 02-27-2019 07:54 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION
517 Replies
userblhUKuQ3LV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Having S6 for so long I decided to upgrade to S10+. But after seeing that LED notification has been removed i guess i will wait even longer or go to another company.
 Samsung should know better not removing useful things. They should keep and not remove things that are useful.

0 Likes
user9hiTL78Hbb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You better wait for note 10, no led notification,  edge lighting only work with message, not for gmail, Yahoo etc, when it work only light up for few seconds, no option to set reminder, very bad design I feel very sorry to trade my s9 to s10, it totally rubbish phone.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The processor is faster but not so much so that it blows me away. The camera is great, but the camera was also great on my S9+ so again it's not such a huge upgrade that it makes the phone a "must have."  The S10 front camera cut out looks a little weird, but no big deal for me. I personally would've been fine with the bezel at the top of the screen as long as the Galaxy line avoided the dreaded notch! 

The on screen finger print reader is a little glitchy. There's many times it tells me "no match"  or "press harder," Cripes! How much harder should I press?  I got used to the back placement of the fingerprint reader on my S9+ and am finding I actually preferred that as I could feel where the sensor was and on the S10+ I need to look at the screen to confirm where I should be putting my finger. If you are on the fence personally I'd just go with the S9+ if the LED notification is a feature you can't live without. Plus since the S10 is released I'm sure you can probably get a great deal on the S9!

0 Likes
user9hiTL78Hbb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That is bs, edge lighting never work when the screen is off.

user9hiTL78Hbb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is BS reply from Samsung,  edge lighting never work when screen is off, and when it work only few seconds only, next phone will be another  brand never Samsung again.

0 Likes
userlRJtebDveF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There's a solution whilst we wait for the update, if you go to Settings: Advanced settings: Flash notifications and gives you a choice of camera flash or a screen flash... Doesn't look very nice but it's at least something lol

userOTHDm8oFw5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I didn't know until after this expensive purchase that the led notification was no longer available?! WHY?? I feel like an addict constantly double tapping this S10+plus looking for messages, missed calls or otherwise...simply because of no LED lighting?? UGH

Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

FWIW, you don't have to double click looking for notifications , just turn on "always on display" and the icons will give you the information without any action on your part other than glancing at the screen.  And it is my understanding that it uses very little battery to do that.  It isn't the same as the old led notification,  but you wouldn't feel like an addict anymore. 

0 Likes
Samsung_QxlxsQS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The led has been replaced with edge light. I love it

0 Likes
userOEoMPuislm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Show me how "The led has been replaced with edge light" and I will but the S10 today.

It must flash different colors depending on the type of message and stay flashing until the notification has been cleared. It must also show the charging status. ie. it must perform exactly the way that the notification led performs.

0 Likes