JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 02-27-2019 07:54 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION
517 Replies
ZeeFoldFour
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You don't have to worry about overcharging. The phone automatically takes care of that, just like it'll shut down before it hits zero battery.

0 Likes
Brekly
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for that info. The blinking light feature has always been a plus for me.

0 Likes
Zeek92
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was told that Samsung still doesnt recommend over charging .. I just ended up getting a warranty replacement cause I thought my S10+ had a battery issue.

0 Likes
userpUMxfy45SX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is on your status bar

0 Likes
userolBbAuhe8x
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Is there anyone else out there is is also very unhappy with what samsung has taken out of what every phone has, a way to tell that you missed a call from across the room..WT no notification light???? So samsung tells me to leave the display on to see notifications...WT again, run the battery down and how can you see the screen from across the room..I'm constantly looking at my phone cause I no longer have the luxury of just glancing at my phone and seeing a blink to tell me to go to my phone... So samsung made a case that does the notification for the phone but its over 50 bucks. wow, rip us off why don't you Unsincerly Ex Samsung owner
Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I use always on edge, which is a 3rd party app that uses the camera hole as an led. Alternatively, you are free to configure Edge Lighting for apps. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
userolBbAuhe8x
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Not bright enough to see from a distance plus why should I have to spend more money just to get my notifications like we have from pretty much every cell phone since the beginning
userolBbAuhe8x
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

First it doesn't use the camera hole cause the camera hole is just a hole this app just creates a circle or oval that displays on the screen.

Second this app interferes with the tapping on the screen to wake up and when it does wake up you won't let you leave theblack screen

3rd, too many to list

@Leinz wrote:

I use always on edge, which is a 3rd party app that uses the camera hole as an led. Alternatively, you are free to configure Edge Lighting for apps. 

0 Likes
sivartk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My OG Pixel had a light but it was so small you could barely see it from an arms length so I guess I'm not missing something I never had.

I remember it when I had an S6, but don't remember finding it that helpful.

0 Likes
mkoppler123
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It would be nice if the good Lock would without having to use the AOD feature or at least work when the screen is off. Makes no sense to have the notification light up only with the screen is on...