cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FSUpartyboy850
Constellation

Re: Led Notification Light

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Three weeks later and sti no update? Your OP said it would come out before the launch. Your source is making you look like a fool..
userOEoMPuislm
Asteroid

Re: S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well it has been many weeks since the unpacked event and still no sign of any update. I have reached out to management at Samsung directly and via social media. There really does not appear to be any urgency or priority for this update.

While many here (including me) are complaining about the lack of the notification LED to the extent that they have returned their phones or will not be buying an S10, there are probably more than enough sales (10 million first quarter with a further 10 milliopn expected for the April quarter) for Samsung not to be too concerned about a relative handful of complaints.

userolBbAuhe8x
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Sorry to say that there is no led and can't add one so I doubt they care too much about it cause they designed and made back covers that are for these phones only that are led notifier and the settings are already in the software settings so they were aware of the issue of not having led notifications. You suck Samsung.
Anker
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There's a new app in the Play Store called LED Me Know that does an excellent job of showing a notification light while the screen is off and uses very little battery. It is currently available for the entire S10 but the developer said more features and devices will be added in the future. 

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anker.ledmeknow

userLJ9CRlq5up
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@VerbumVeritum wrote:

@Anonymous  you will be pleased to hear that the S10 family will be using the camera cutout hole for the notification light. A spinning circle or other animation will appear in various colors around the camera hole. Whenever Face Recognition is used or the selfie camera is activated, the camera cutout will also light up again. It's pretty cool! 

Update: Turns out the release for this update has been delayed for some reason. We don't know why, and don't have access to that information from this end. Only developers know specifically when. I do believe the update is happening, as it was confirmed by a supervisor in the testing area after the Unpacked release event & afterward by a Samsung executive. 

userLJ9CRlq5up
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately I have already bought it, and there are several things I don't like about it. 

userH7KTBtkEEe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I contacted customer service who informed me there are NO plans to update the software since there is no LED light in that area. 

@VerbumVeritum wrote:

@Anonymous  you will be pleased to hear that the S10 family will be using the camera cutout hole for the notification light. A spinning circle or other animation will appear in various colors around the camera hole. Whenever Face Recognition is used or the selfie camera is activated, the camera cutout will also light up again. It's pretty cool! 

Update: Turns out the release for this update has been delayed for some reason. We don't know why, and don't have access to that information from this end. Only developers know specifically when. I do believe the update is happening, as it was confirmed by a supervisor in the testing area after the Unpacked release event & afterward by a Samsung executive. 

useraP8q94SMGM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can enhance the edge lighting functionality in order to work exactly like the old led light. At first I thought that this was its purpose but unfortunately it does not work in all notification cases. I hope that a software update would adjust this in the future.

Samsung_FQpfxHc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am thinking I need to return my phone and I just upgraded too. Its due to this and just a couple other issues i've had but this is the main one. I keep my phone on vibrate while at work so its important for me to see the blinking led light if I have a message. I've been missing calls and texts from my daughter and husband during the day because I have to remember to pick my phone up and unlock it in order to know I have a message waiting. Even if the edge light would continue to circle around the phone it will be ok if the led was missing but I feel like this is really a deal breaker for me.

userLjV5M9CFTe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Everyone keeps repeating the same! SAMSUNG IS NOT DOING THAT!