Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I got that update too this morning 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I got the biometric update this morning too. Does seem to improve the sensor, which already worked phenomenally for me.

Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response.
userypjJujZpY5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy s8 to a Beautiful Galaxy s10.... really missing my blinking notifications light which used to notify me of missed calls or text while phasing was powered ¹off. Are there any other options on my s10 or possible changes coming in software updates to simply my new s10 so I don't have to unlock my phone and check visibly for incoming missed calls or text? DRG

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userypjJujZpY5 So far no news about notification light and dont hear any future update news either. For now the notification light is only available on Case cover but this case cover will use NFC and i believe the powershare or reverse charging but this can drain battery pretty fast either way {-_-}

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Dewracng
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After being a extremely loyal Samsung customer who not only buys Only Samsung phones but also all my TV's and appliances are also made by Samsung. With that said I have had every Samsung Galaxy S series phone starting with the S2. After receiving my new S10+ on March 8th I knew in advance that due to using every inch of this new beautiful screen that the LED indicator would be obsolete. But I thought with the newer version and the customizable edge lighting that i would be able to do without the reminder LED by using the wide bubble version of edge lighting as a replacement. Well after spending hours with customer support. Not one rep was able to show me how to make this work during locked screen, they also never told me that it won't EVER work while the screen is black aka locked. I'm very frustrated that I spent over $1100 on a phone that has ZERO visual reminders on this flagship so called masterpiece. I had to find out on my own basically by accident that the only time edge lighting works is if your phone is unlocked and the screen is on. I'm a disabled veteran that can't always hear my notifications when they happen and unless I pick up my phone constantly to check I won't know if I missed a text etc. ( yes I do have audio reminders turned on but even those are lacking in comparison to the LED that flashed continuously compared to an audio alert every 3 mins or more depending on your settings. I truly hope that Samsung comes out with a software update that allows the edge lighting to operate and flash even when the screen is locked. I never realized how important that little LED light was on my S9+ that I could walk into the room and just glance at my phone and would always know if something happened while I was away from the phone. I have tried every setting including giving remote control to a support agent and still I have a $1100 phone that meets 99% of my expectations but until they allow visual reminders via edge lighting during the locked screen I will NOT recommend this phone to any family and friends. It may sound mute to some but I can't believe I must leave my screen unlocked with screen on at all times to use the edge lighting. Signed a very disappointed Samsung customer !!!!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you're not opposed to the idea Always on Edge, a 3rd party app, can use the pill as a notification led. And as always, edge lighting acts as one already. However, it's not enabled globally for apps.

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Newsflash
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you saying that you don't get a flash notification on the screen

Dewracng
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes,and no. What the problem is there is NO repeat visual notification reminders of missed phone calls or texts. There is a few ways to get an initial notification either with edge lighting or screen flash/rear camera flash but that is a one time thing. If you aren't looking at your phone when it happens that feature is useless. What we all want and I'm sure I'm speaking for thousands is a notifications led just like there was on every Galaxy phone since the S2 or something similar. The other phones prior to the S10 series ALL had the LED indicator in the top left that would continuously flash to let you know you missed a call or text until you opened the phone which then cleared that notification. As I've stated I'm a disabled veteran who's hearing isnt that great to begin with and with the current set up or software I any time I step away from my phone I now must pick up the phone to see if I missed anything whereas before all I needed to do was look at it and the LED would be flashing letting me know I missed a call or text. There are option for Samsung to correct this issue by using the front camera ring cut out and use it for the new notification reminders as it should be something that can be done via a software update. Signed upset dedicated Samsung user. It may sound dumb to some but for me it's a deal breaker as I'm not only a Samsung phone guy but I have 3 Samsung TVs a Samsung Refrigerator, dishwasher, and stove as I love their products but with that said to remove a feature without taking into consideration that people rely on it is simply rediculous!

@Newsflash wrote:

@Newsflash wrote:

!!!

userGGYxgjVyuZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I totally agreee. I was a constant samsung byer. The first and the most important think in my decision against IPhone was this LED!!!!

I am disapointed!. I paid so much for a better phone, not for the one with less futures!. I am thinking to give it back and stay with my Samsung 8S plus.

Signed, another disapointed customer!

Newsflash
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When its locked and can't get the edge light to work