JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 02-27-2019 07:54 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION
517 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@izephyr it is the same as a notification light just without the actual light, you are correct. The reminder is still there. It is a clever way to replace the actual light without taking away functionality at all.  Cheers! 🙂

izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

ha ha ha! Only a fool will believe this.

I am sorry but I cannot agree. Yes, It is true that I can blink any pixel of the 1200nits screen to make up a Dynamic AMOLED Notification Light and it will be pretty easy to program than an LED outside of the screen. And yes, we are forced to accept the changes. I am not happy that samsung took this decision. and I am sure that there are plenty of people who LIKED this. I use a headphone jack maybe 5 times in a day. But I look for the notificaiton LED  hundred times. Just imagine, you sent me this message and I knew already that I have got an email on my S7 edge. And it was done, no interruption, only a blink! BTW, there is NO point in discussing this now. This is absolutely worthless discussion all these when the product is already shipping and the specs cannot be changed. And your consolation will be like "LED Notification is dead" and we cannot bring dead people back. So, we have to live the rest of the S10 life without a LED notificaiton.

Maybe someday a new device is born and Samsung re-considers our mourning and drill back a tiny little hole near the bezel or in the side or anywhere in the phone. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
0 Likes
amanv722452
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@izephyr true we have to accept changes i am only saying this because there is an animation near the camera cut out so maybe in future updates samsung can give color options for notifications jst like led lighting.. take this as an example the outside part of the hole punch can light up when you are charging or a notification comes.... they can also install the led near speaker grill as you said(This is just like an idea they could do)

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@izephyr your argument is moot. Nothing was taken away. The notification indicator will still be present and you will still know that you have a notification immediately when you get it, plus a reminder for later. I hope you enjoy your new device!! 😁😁😁

Fille84
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I guess this feature will be enabled without having to enable AOD? Why Im asking this is beacause this thing to light up pixels around the camera cutout is just like AOD. But for me I don't want to use AOD, just use the notification light to see when I have a notification.

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Fille84  the notification indicator should be unconnected to the always on display settings. It won't be a continuous type of notification, it should remain intermittent. 

userHJjTSyUseD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Agreed. It's hard to believe they dropped this feature. I've got the S10+ and was amazed to find the LED notification light missing!

If your busy using both hands  all it took was a glance to see if a missed call or message needed attending to. The AOE app is WAY too hard on the battery to think about using it.

Come on Samsung let's see you put your street cred straight on this one!!! 

0 Likes
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

S10+ Manual

It doesn't mention any such thing. I don't know if this is coming through an update. At least, the documentation disappoints.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@izephyr  it is a software update yes. Should be pushed March 8.

useraRjEhdLCXH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I hope you are right!!!!! Is the push date for USA?

0 Likes