JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 02-27-2019 07:54 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION
517 Replies
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

And now, I, Samsung, Pronounce that your title will be taken away!!

LOL. I am just kidding.

I do understand that you're also a part of the community and I am stll proud that you are an Ambassador.

I was a bit impatient, perhaps because I will be missing the LED a lot.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah I will miss it too. I think the idea of the camera cutout notification is a total no brainier for Samsung to jump to do, just because it makes tons of sense and adds functionality to the cutout. I'm looking forward to it being added in the (hopefully) near future.
RichieD0312
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I really hope they get on this. I used that led 100 of times a day. With my job I can't always have my phone in hand and it was extreamly useful to look over at it and see a blinking light telling me if I needed to look at my phone or not. SAMSUNG GIMME THE LIIGGGHHTTT!! 

Samsung_King
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes
userxcjx1BCjdf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This will use the LED around your camera cutout and more as a notification. Credit: Always on edge
0 Likes
amanv722452
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@VerbumVeritum i understand maybe the update has been postponed or maybe it will take time to get that update or feature we can just wait and hope for the best

user2jGp6G5Xka
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Coming from S7/Verizon: Just had two S10+ delivered yesterday (me and wife) and activated mine - set it up. We just discovered that the camera ring does not periodically blink continuously to notify of message when screen is off and message is waiting. Unfortunately, this is disappointing and this is a required functionality for my wife. The job that she performs does not allow holding of the phone during work so only important messages will be addressed if the light is blinking (periodic glances, so light must continually notify). We are still in return period and she told me she does not want a phone without this feature. I am also evaluating if I use this feature and most likely will return mine within the next 14 days. If this functionality is coming soon, please let me know before I pack these phones up. Thank you.
0 Likes
Samsung_King
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes
userip8vWWMRWd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

All you have to do is turn on the facial recognition under security....this LED turns on around the camera while it is trying to recognize your face.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not saying this exec was lying. Am saying he or she had no idea what they were talking about. It's a month past that date and surprise, surprise...crickets! Not a peep from Samsung about implementing notification  lights in the manner we are referring to. Sure, the edge lighting notifications  work, and it looks cool! As long as you just happen to be looking at your phone the one and only time it comes in.   Seriously Samsung, how hard can it be to program a repeating cycle of that so a person can glance at their phone from a distance and know there's a notification waitng??