JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 02-27-2019 07:54 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION
517 Replies
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It doesn't. I had that update this morning. No notification LED.

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey everyone. This function is still happening, it's just delayed. Stating a specific date for an update was a careless mistake I shouldn't have made. No one besides developers know when an update is going to pushed out, period. With all that being said, it would be insane for Samsung not to add this feature themselves, and it just makes sense. The executive we spoke with was sure this feature is coming 100%, so don't rashly return your amazing new phone just because there won't be a notification reminder for a little while.

user2jGp6G5Xka
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sorry. It's a no go for me - wife won't let me activate her phone. The notification light is a requirement and what set these phones apart from Iphone. I do like the phone aside from this unfortunate issue. Her argument is it's a a feature people rely Eg. if you wake up in the middle of the night at a glance you can see if there is an important notification - especially if you set everything off except for message/missed call from person X -- or while the phone sits at a distance at work, etc. Since I used bogo both phones have to go back, and that will be the reason. Hopefully someone can push Samsung to find out if this can be delivered before the return period otherwise it would be foolish to rely on promises and I will be stuck with a phone she won't let me activate. To the other poster: What is the name of the 3rd party app? I would give it a try and see if it's even something that can hold the time otherwise the phones will be returned and back to S7 😞

uservgDRFDjBRj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Likewise. For a 1600+ phone and the other issuses . Looks like i will be skipping this year.

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You're missing out because a software update? Honestly people can still see if they have notifications any time via the always on display, which now colors codes the notifications too. I feel like the amazing tech in the phone far outweighs a delayed update, but you do what you have to do. When the cutout notification does pop, I will be enjoying that too, as I actually really want a notification light too. I'm patiently waiting.🙂

izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@VerbumVeritum Thanks again for your patience. For me, I don't even have a cancellation/return option. My return would cost me a whooping $250. 

There has been no official word, so far, on this feature. Skipping the LED without a viable solution is definitely a mistake for Samsung. Don't be biased and silly. It has no replacement. I never wanted to buy an A series phone specially for this feature despite their good design and performance. Always went for a flagship. And believe me, I have choosen S10+ over Note9/s9/s9+ mainly because I have been waiting for a phone that does not have fingerprint reader on the back. And now after pre-ordering with excitement, we find out this regular feature was gone and nobody mentions this lacking since the Samsung Event in February 26th at San Francisco.

For now, I almost forced to accept S10. I wil have to wait and watch if there are any such feature or if this is as efficient as a physical LED.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
0 Likes
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The always on display isn't even remotely the same thing. I can't look at my phone from 8 feet away with the "always on" display and know what notification I have. To try to sell that as a comparable feature is irresponsible at best.

You said this update was coming yesterday. Now it's "at some point". That isn't good enough for people who genuinely need this feature, especially when you're literally the only person saying it, anywhere, and have already been wrong once.

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user78UemM9GIA you need to go back and re-read my posts concerning things. I am not a developer or anything having to do with Samsung period. I am someone recognized in the Community as being helpful and an general expert on most things Samsung. I was relaying info told to me by an executive after the Unpacked event in San Francisco. He told me the update would be releasing by the 8th. I'm disappointed he was wrong about the release date, but it isn't likely that he himself knew for sure when the update would push. I do believe he wasn't blatantly lying to us about this feature though.

user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So who was it specifically that told you?

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user78UemM9GIA I don't know the persons' name, but this feature was talked about before the Unpacked event too. I made sure to ask someone because I knew the phone likely wouldn't have an LED seeing as how it is all screen. I was trying to relay some insider info but made the mistake of setting an expectation for everyone here. Like I said, I do believe the update is inbound and shouldn't be too long away (I hope).