JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 02-27-2019 07:54 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION
517 Replies
userH7KTBtkEEe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung customer service said there are NO plans to update the software since there isn't even an LED light in the former notification area.

@VerbumVeritum wrote:

@Geno71  I don't know why not much is being said about it, but I heard this information from an executive directly after Unpacked in San Francisco. I wanted to make sure I had an answer for the Community because I knew people would be asking about the notification light. 🙂 

0 Likes
RRMalone
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You heard it from an executive? Lol You have a name or any source to back that up? People have been saying that for months, doesn't make it true and Samsung already said they have no intention on changing the notification display at this time!
0 Likes
userUR3eELqfZP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It has been 6 MONTHS and still no notificaiton around the camera. This can be done with third party apps, but everyone needs to know that this isn't a true LED and never will be- that bright eye-catching light you see across a room. It's only as bright as your screen, because it is acctually just drawing on a part of the screen. NOT an LED and NEVER WILL BE. Don't be misled.

userH7KTBtkEEe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I contacted customer service who said there are NO plans to update the software since there's not even an LED light in that area. 

0 Likes
kc123_s10
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I definately miss the lED notification. If this is not fixed I will go to another phone next time I buy a phone. I've been with Samsung for years. Shame they don't listen to the customers on this. I used to could see if I missed a call or had a text with out touching or tapping the screen. This is ridiculous. FIX THIS please.

TheMadDasher
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That's very good news! When I get my hands on the s10+, I will set up the notification light.

VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Anonymous it should be automatic. There may be an option to enable or disable though. The software hasn't push yet for me and I'm on the S10+ currently. When face recog and the selfie cam is activated though, it does spin a light around the camera briefly. I was assured that the software would be pushed by release day. 

0 Likes
userSc1pNui4hP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sounds like a update is going out today to allow the Bixby button to be remapped. Maybe this is also included? We are about a week away from launch ! 

0 Likes
userfcGXXk3eQE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hmmm... I just got my S10+ today and there's unfortunately no options for this.

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userfcGXXk3eQE the software update should push out March 8th; release day.