cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SnoozyBoozy
Asteroid

S10+ Samsung Sabotage!

I think I have pretty good evidence of the well known sabotage.

I got my S10+ on 17th July 2019.  Four months pass - exactly four months - I had a software update on the 17th November.  Up until this update, my phone lasted 48 hours on battery.  The second I got this update, my phone now lasts 24 hours on battery.

NOT HAPPY!

This is how and why a brand new phone lasts 3 years before it is useless... A sabotage 'staging' process.   This is disgusting when you spend over £900 on a phone (double what my laptop cost me!) and it's lifespan is being controlled in this way to force the consumer into purchasing a new phone every three years!!!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: S10+ Samsung Sabotage!

Factory reset your phone, choose the fresh start option during setup instead of restoring from a Google Cloud Backup and odds are your battery drain probably will go away.

Away. You have either a misbehaving app or system process that is causing the problem. It's not sabotage.

Buddy10165
Constellation

Also if your continually on it or you have servant settings on it drains it but try to let the phone optimize its self by going to device care and clicking optimize

As long as you don't buy a Google Pixel or One Plus phone pretty much any decent Android phone should easily last more than 3 years if you choose to use it that long.

If you don't take care of the battery (only charge between 40% and 80% and never charge overnight) then that could degrade after 1 year but any decent phone repair shop can put in a new battery for a fraction of the cost of a new phone.

SnoozyBoozy
Asteroid

Hi, I never charge it until it's very low and I stop charging it the minute it hits 100%. I shouldn't need to pay someone to put a new battery in it after just four months..
Samsung_E12B4jp
Astronaut

My wife has a s9 for 2 years and kept it in a otterbox. The day befor Thanksgiving she plugged it in with a Samsung charger and the phone shut off. When we tried to turn it back on the battery was dead won't charge. We have never had any issue with it. Took it to replace the battery and nothing. Went back to verison and they said we need a new phone. We just played off her phone and now its trash. We may never buy another samsung again

SnoozyBoozy
Asteroid

Wow!!!!!!!!! Not good!
Samsung_E12B4jp
Astronaut

Sorry s8+