cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jasonpwnd
Asteroid

S10 Screenshot buttons too sensitive / zero delay

So I've had my S10 for awhile now. Aside from the galaxy earbuds breaking after trying to update I love the phone. My only complaint is that the button shortcut for taking screenshots (volume down + power button) is WAAAY too sensitive! There is ZERO delay time between pressing the buttons and taking the screenshot. Ergonomically, my index finder tends to wind up on the volume rocker button. So every time I go to turn the screen on or off there's a 50% chance of my taking a screenshot. Does anyone else have this issue?

At the end of each day I have to go through my gallery and delete a bunch of random, accidental screenshots. I've looked through all the settings (general settings, camera settings, you name it) but there doesn't seem to be any setting to either turn of the button screenshot shortcuts or to change the delay time on taking the screenshot with buttons. In the older phones I guess there was some setting for this, or at least there was about a 2 second delay you had to hold the buttons down for... I mean it's not as if we're not spoiled for options to take a screenshot already! There's at least 3-4 other ways to take a screenshot. We don't need to be the fastest gun in the west here people!

I'm curious if anyone else has this issue? I can't be the ONLY person who's fingers naturally always end up on the volume rocker button when using their thumb to turn the screen on/off with the power button, right? I'm also curious if anyone has any solution for this issue?

Thanks, 

jp

15 REPLIES 15
Imran786
Constellation

Re: S10 Screenshot buttons too sensitive / zero delay

I had same issue soon as the phone came owt of box i bought it to Samsung attention and they told me that this is FIRST they heard of it, wow not the ONLY one , feel better,  but we need Samsung to sort this issue out, and AM still waiting for the EARBUDS pre order , Samsung better get a move on!!!

@jasonpwnd wrote:

So I've had my S10 for awhile now. Aside from the galaxy earbuds breaking after trying to update I love the phone. My only complaint is that the button shortcut for taking screenshots (volume down + power button) is WAAAY too sensitive! There is ZERO delay time between pressing the buttons and taking the screenshot. Ergonomically, my index finder tends to wind up on the volume rocker button. So every time I go to turn the screen on or off there's a 50% chance of my taking a screenshot. Does anyone else have this issue?

At the end of each day I have to go through my gallery and delete a bunch of random, accidental screenshots. I've looked through all the settings (general settings, camera settings, you name it) but there doesn't seem to be any setting to either turn of the button screenshot shortcuts or to change the delay time on taking the screenshot with buttons. In the older phones I guess there was some setting for this, or at least there was about a 2 second delay you had to hold the buttons down for... I mean it's not as if we're not spoiled for options to take a screenshot already! There's at least 3-4 other ways to take a screenshot. We don't need to be the fastest gun in the west here people!

I'm curious if anyone else has this issue? I can't be the ONLY person who's fingers naturally always end up on the volume rocker button when using their thumb to turn the screen on/off with the power button, right? I'm also curious if anyone has any solution for this issue?

Thanks, 

jp

Faelin
Constellation

I absolutely have the same issue, and it drives me crazy! I end up creating sometimes more than a dozen accidental screenshots during the normal course of my day! I'm on the S10+ (SM-G975U) on AT&T's service (Android 9, OneUI 1.1, Kernel 4.14.78)

userg5s4LNl6AX
Astronaut

I too have this issue.  The way I hold the phone when using finger biometrics often results in a screenshot.  It would be nice to have the option of adding a delay to the screenshot if desired. 

userb8HJzb2bBk
Constellation

Same, I too have the same issue, I have tons of unwanted screenshots. Please Samsung, add a 0.5 second delay at least.

userGeltAaJSR6
Constellation

Exactly! I am deleting many unwanted screenshots at the end of the day as well. Just because the volume up button and power button take a screenshot for some reason. 

It doesn't make sense that we can't change this annoying option. The only area that deals with the volume up and power button is in accessibility , and nothing there addresses the issue.

Please Samsung, fix this frustrating "feature"

userhPLBbMqYb9
Astronaut

I experience this daily. I've gotten into a habit of immediately expanding the banner notification in the pull down notification center and deleting the screenshot right away. It's something they could easily patch with a customizable button delay, similar to the long press customization for keyboard (located in settings). Hopefully this gets more attention, and it is remedied sooner rather than later.

userJPUwlN4PXo
Astronaut

I've just swapped to an S10+ from a pixel 2xl.

This has been bugging me since switching, like other users I have to delete multiple screenshots.

A 0.5s delay would fix the issue!

useraAxaUHawLp
Constellation

Try switching the screenshot capture to a hand swipe inst...

Try switching the screenshot capture to a hand swipe instead of volume/power button, this fixed it for me

Faelin
Constellation

Re: Try switching the screenshot capture to a hand swipe inst...

Er, no? I don't consider disabling functionality to be a fix for badly implemented functionality? Plus I hate using palm-swipe, 'cause I always end up interacting with the screen before the swipe registers (not to mention, that becomes *too* much time delay)

Moreover, the palm-swipe-to-captuee *is* on, and it doesn't disable the primary screenshot mechanism. So far as I know, there is no way to disable volume+power screenshotting unless you root the device, at which point I could increase the screenshot delay, because Android already allows the delay to be  configured, but Samsung won't implement a way to set the configuration without rooting.