cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user1XvfWNC3GW
Astronaut

Re: S10 Screenshot buttons too sensitive / zero delay

turn off smart capture.  this will disable the side button method and go back to "swipe only" method.  

Settings--> advanced--> smart capture.

I too was taking screenshots 50times a day.  F that.

user2J53eEDTsi
Constellation

Turning off smart capture doesn't do that it disable the extra options when you take a screen shot. The button combination is still active

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user2J53eEDTsi Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? Here are the steps.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
userhPLBbMqYb9
Astronaut

I experience this daily. I've gotten into a habit of immediately expanding the banner notification in the pull down notification center and deleting the screenshot right away. It's something they could easily patch with a customizable button delay, similar to the long press customization for keyboard (located in settings). Hopefully this gets more attention, and it is remedied sooner rather than later.

userJPUwlN4PXo
Astronaut

I've just swapped to an S10+ from a pixel 2xl.

This has been bugging me since switching, like other users I have to delete multiple screenshots.

A 0.5s delay would fix the issue!

userabonehead
Constellation

Try switching the screenshot capture to a hand swipe inst...

Try switching the screenshot capture to a hand swipe instead of volume/power button, this fixed it for me

Highlighted
Faelin
Constellation

Re: Try switching the screenshot capture to a hand swipe inst...

Er, no? I don't consider disabling functionality to be a fix for badly implemented functionality? Plus I hate using palm-swipe, 'cause I always end up interacting with the screen before the swipe registers (not to mention, that becomes *too* much time delay)

Moreover, the palm-swipe-to-captuee *is* on, and it doesn't disable the primary screenshot mechanism. So far as I know, there is no way to disable volume+power screenshotting unless you root the device, at which point I could increase the screenshot delay, because Android already allows the delay to be  configured, but Samsung won't implement a way to set the configuration without rooting.

userKnEkZcSXKB
Constellation

I think we have a consensus! Poorly thought through ergonomic or an over specced way to deliver a screenshot. #Samsung step up!

DigitalChad
Constellation

Same issue here. Very annoying when I am trying to find a pic in the gallery only to find a lot of unwanted screenshots.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried using the palm swipe screenshot gesture?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.