cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

S10+ WiFi issue. Apps randomly can't get out to internet. Have to switch to Mobile data.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having an issue with my S10+ thru Sprint. I have Nest WiFi points at home, but this happens on all WiFi that I try to connect. When I connect to WiFi, the 4G LTE icon disappears, that is one problem. Then when I try to launch an app, like Nest, or Google Home , to stream my Nest Cam's, nothing happens. The apps sit there trying to connect to the devices but nothing happens. Sometimes if I wait like 5 minutes, then it eventually works. Other times nothing. I turn off WiFi, it switches to 4G LTE, and all apps work fine.

Something is wrong with the WiFi on this phone. I had a S10+ launch phone with issues, and they replaced it with this one, which now has WiFi issues. How can I resolve this issue? Why when I turn on WiFi, the 4G LTE icon disappears?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: S10+ WiFi issue. Apps randomly can't get out to internet. Have to switch to Mobile data.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It now seems to have resolved itself. Not sure if carrier updated or what. But now been working fine for last week.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: S10+ WiFi issue. Apps randomly can't get out to internet. Have to switch to Mobile data.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, @WarpedTrekker  I'm sorry to hear that you are having connection issue on your internet. First of, When  you are connected to the WIFI then the 4G LTE disappears that is normal. That only indicate which internet connection you are using.  And it's vice versa. When WIFI is disconnected the 4G LTE appears.

Please try this solution by following the steps below.

Settings>Connections>Wifi>

>Tap the 3 dot on the top right corner

>Tap advance

>Turn off "Switch to mobile data"

Please also reset your router,  it could be a bad router or bad internet connection.

I hope this helps, Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does not work. I already have "Switch to mobile data" = OFF. I have reset my wifi router numerous times. It is not my router. All other wifi devices connect fine with no issues. I will return this phone to Sprint again to get another replacement phone. These phones are defective. First phone that was my launch phone from last year was defective according to Sprint. They said known issue with Samsung S10+ phone, so they replaced it. Now this phone has WiFi issues.

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your patience, I understand where you coming from.  Please reach out  to your carrier for that concern.  Feel free to ask if you have any questions.  Have a good one! =)

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It now seems to have resolved itself. Not sure if carrier updated or what. But now been working fine for last week.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

S10 here same issues you have described. I have tried everything. All the phone settings and router settings. Factory reset and all updates. Absolutely tired of toggling wifi on and off 100's of times a day. 

I think the best option is to look for a non Samsung device next time you need a phone. I'm going to try a different manufacturer next time. I have had 6 or 7 samsung phones all in a row. My note 4 still works flawlessly but this piece of ish s10 that cost $1000 doesn't.