So the one thing I use the voice function for is to ask what time it is when I wake up during the night(which I do frequently as an insomiac).
Before the update the screen would turn itself off in a few seconds after I asked, but now it stays on for the entire screen timeout which I had set at 5 minutes.
Now I have to grab my phone and hit the screen lock button, which defeats the entire purpose for me, and makes it more difficult for me to get back to sleep.
Does anyone know of a way to make it go back to turning off after a few seconds?
Thanks for reaching out.
Have you tried wiping the cache partition since the recent update?
The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.
Follow these steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.
@user00xqjtmgbw I ran into the same issue the last few days.
I restarted my S10 plus let run for just a few moments or at least until it had finished its startup then locked my phone. Then I pushed the lock button and set it down. After 5 seconds it turned off. Did this multiple times all came to the same conclusion.