cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userHbrBPFTD7V
Constellation

S10 and magnetic car mount

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm getting my new S10 tomarrow and thinking about purchasing a magnetic car mount. Wondering if this will interfere with operation of or affect the longevity of my new phone?  nyone have experience with this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S10 and magnetic car mount

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @userHbrBPFTD7V

What Gary said is true if you stick the metal plate to the middle of the phone, and even if wireless charging works the plate can get extremely hot. However I've been using it a bit differently with Note9 and now S10. I'm now using a smaller plate and stick it to the bottom of the phone (well a case, never the phone itself) instead of the middle. I have a Scoche Qi charger/magnetic mount combo, and as long as you use a good quality plates, preferably OEM, the magnet is strong enough to hold the phone securely. And as an added bonus, having the plate under the Qi charging area takes care of the heat issue.

20190416_081421.jpg

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only bad part with the Magnetic Mounts is they use to block the wireless charging so if you dont plan on using wireless charging their great products my phone never fell from the mount i had 

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @userHbrBPFTD7V

What Gary said is true if you stick the metal plate to the middle of the phone, and even if wireless charging works the plate can get extremely hot. However I've been using it a bit differently with Note9 and now S10. I'm now using a smaller plate and stick it to the bottom of the phone (well a case, never the phone itself) instead of the middle. I have a Scoche Qi charger/magnetic mount combo, and as long as you use a good quality plates, preferably OEM, the magnet is strong enough to hold the phone securely. And as an added bonus, having the plate under the Qi charging area takes care of the heat issue.

20190416_081421.jpg

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post