cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray

Re: S10 + cracked screen - Samsung does not want to take responsible

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So you're telling me Samsung sold $1000 phone without responsible of its own damage caused by the power button? Customer has to pay for Samsung extra $100 to get a proper product? Very nice from Samsung. An expensive phone without warranty for physical self-damaged 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for reaching out for further assistance. We would recommend having a certified repair technician evaluate your device at one of the walk-in locations.

You can locate the nearest location by visiting this link: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Samsung_bUC1n7M, sorry to hear about your device. Based on the images you provided, I am going to have to second @SJohnson's post. It appears that there is impact damage next to the power button. This wouldn't be caused by the power button alone. Damage like this doesn't happen on its own (I am not pointing fingers, I am just stating the facts.) There are no indicators that the glass cracked from the inside out, it is evident that the crack started on the external side of the screen.

You can find your closest service center by going to:https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Service technicians can have hands on and give you a professional opinion on your display. All phone OEMS (like Samsung/Apple/OnePlus/etc..) basically have the same factory warranty and do not cover accidental damages. For $99, I'd say that's a fair price for an accidental crack on a $1000 device.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Rydah @Rydah 

As I said, it was in my jean pocket. As I already stated, My Samsung S8 does not even have a single scratch on it despite it was in my pocket for  2 years. What I am saying right now is S10+ does not have a proper screen as S8 used to have, and I expect Samsung produce a quality screen instead of using a bad one & try to charge customer. And that 99$ is a fair price because I have Premium care, without that insurance it would be $276 or more. 

From my point of view, Samsung used cheap quality screen on S10 instead of a good one, and I would like to see Samsung take responsible for it, not customer's responsible

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Everyone is being very nice here, very gentle I would say... so I would just say what they really mean. From your picture it looks like physical damage caused by a user. That's what it looks like. I carry my phone in a jean pocket and it hasn't cracked. Maybe you bumped your leg against something with the phone in your pocket, but from the picture, it's obvious some outside force was applied to the screen, you even see cracks going in different directions from the impact area.

This is not a warranty issue. $99 is not a bad price at all to get it fixed.

"If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. Thanks"
Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're correct, from the pictures it looks like that. But if you hold the phone in your hand you will see the difference. 

Anyway, Samsung already refused their responsibility, guess I have to pay to fix it anyway. Disappointed with Samsung care, they really not care at all lol

userJ6PclqadnN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ive had exactly the same issue with my s10+ all of a sudden theres a small shatter looking crack right beside the power button n another one down further, ive never dropped my phone n the crack appeared firstly in the centre of the phone screen n then spread over 2-3 days. I was carrying my phone when i noticed the first crack n i do believe the cracks may have got worse from holding the phone in one hand n typing as it puts pressure on the edge screen. Ive even got a samsung cover on mine n it still cracked. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for reaching out for further assistance. We would recommend having a certified repair technician evaluate your device at one of the walk-in locations.

You can locate the nearest location by visiting this link: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Hope this finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Rydah 

So I contacted Samsung Premium Care, I agree to pay $99 plus tax for deductable and now they're telling me Repair option is not available, only replacement.

I don't want to replace my phone. Can you help? I spoke with Both SamSung Premium Care & Samsung customer Support, and they really don't understand the question. Samsung Premium care asked me to called Samsung CS, and Samsung CS asked me to call Samsung Premium Care

I wasted 1 and half hour yesterday on the phone, result in cancelling 1 existing claim, created another and still can not repair my phone

Please advise. This is too much

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Samsung_bUC1n7M, going through Samsung Premium Care will require replacement. If you'd want to avoid replacement and prefer a direct repair, I recommend you look for a UBreakIFix around you.

You can head over to: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations to find your nearest repair center. I'm not sure what the cost would be with them but they are certified by Samsung to get the job done without replacing the entire device.

I hope that help and that you have a great rest of your day.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.