cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S10 + cracked screen - Samsung does not want to take responsible

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for reaching out for further assistance. We would recommend having a certified repair technician evaluate your device at one of the walk-in locations.

You can locate the nearest location by visiting this link: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Hope this finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Rydah 

So I contacted Samsung Premium Care, I agree to pay $99 plus tax for deductable and now they're telling me Repair option is not available, only replacement.

I don't want to replace my phone. Can you help? I spoke with Both SamSung Premium Care & Samsung customer Support, and they really don't understand the question. Samsung Premium care asked me to called Samsung CS, and Samsung CS asked me to call Samsung Premium Care

I wasted 1 and half hour yesterday on the phone, result in cancelling 1 existing claim, created another and still can not repair my phone

Please advise. This is too much

View solution in original post

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Samsung_bUC1n7M, going through Samsung Premium Care will require replacement. If you'd want to avoid replacement and prefer a direct repair, I recommend you look for a UBreakIFix around you.

You can head over to: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations to find your nearest repair center. I'm not sure what the cost would be with them but they are certified by Samsung to get the job done without replacing the entire device.

I hope that help and that you have a great rest of your day.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
userZucNf1aMfR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My son's phone has a hairline fracture crack, too, and he has never dropped it.  I'm incredibly disappointed for the price that this has happened.  I had the old S5 and for years and never had a problem.

I plan to take his phone in this week.  Did you ever get resolve to your problem?

@Samsung_bUC1n7M wrote:

@Rydah 

So I contacted Samsung Premium Care, I agree to pay $99 plus tax for deductable and now they're telling me Repair option is not available, only replacement.

I don't want to replace my phone. Can you help? I spoke with Both SamSung Premium Care & Samsung customer Support, and they really don't understand the question. Samsung Premium care asked me to called Samsung CS, and Samsung CS asked me to call Samsung Premium Care

I wasted 1 and half hour yesterday on the phone, result in cancelling 1 existing claim, created another and still can not repair my phone

Please advise. This is too much

userwR6vbameve
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to my Note10+ phone ... with cracks appearing in screen after 2.5 weeks despite always being in a hard rubber case and never being dropped or mishandled.  Is there a flaw in the new screen design?  I never had a problem with my Galaxy S8.

Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have attached few photos but none of them showed up. So I just change my avatar lol, I am using my phone at this moment

userSqR18tnsGG
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My s10 had a cracked screen in the box.  Retailer says "they won't believe you" file an insurance claim.   It later gets dropped (my fault but man they're slippery) from 18", screen cracks even more.  But whatever, I have insurance anyway.  Asurion says "We won't fix s10 screens" and offer to sell me another phone for $275.   From a $29 repair to a $275 replacement for a $1000 phone that was broken when it was sent to me.  Yaaaaay!

Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey friend

Just file the claim online via Samsung Premium Care ( Asurion), Wait for the claim to be under review & approve after 24 hour. Then you take the claim number + your phone to Samsung Experience Store , show them Claim Number and pay $99 deductable plus tax, they will repair the screen for you in less than 2 hours

That's what I was told, I will fix tomorrow. Hope it helps you a bit

Highlighted
Xrstoy1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_bUC1n7M wrote:

I have attached few photos but none of them showed up. So I just change my avatar lol, I am using my phone at this moment

Unfortunantly for you there is no way they will say that broke by "Itself".

There is a definant impact spider crack by the power button. Take the insurance and be glad you HAD it.

Keiths26
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry not trying to be mean or anything but that looks like user damage there is no way on this planet the top producer of mobile devices are going to put a "cheaper screen" in there devices look like you put to much pressure or something did that cause that type of crack but that was deff not cause of the screen