cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S10 + cracked screen - Samsung does not want to take responsible

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my S10 Plus for several months now and I don't have anything on the screen, just a case that envelops my phone but nothing on my screen and I don't even have a scratch on my screen. I took off the pre-installed screen protector also. I am careful though not to drop my phone and I had the Galaxy s9, the Note 8 and I have never had an issue with the screen just cracking. That sounds like an oddity problem, 1 I've never heard of until today, reading these. I'm sorry that you had that problem and the next time you get a new phone, I would put insurance on it just in case. If you bought a $1,000 dollar phone, I don't understand why you didn't get insurance. If you had insurance you could get a replacement phone by filing a claim.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow. I've had mine since launch, never use a screen protector or case and I keep it in my pocket everyday. No issues

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

May you don't need a phone get a land line

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You most likely got a faulty phone, i got a faulty ps4 before but its not that surprising tbh things happen like that with tech...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I know this thread was started back in April however I noticed ppl still posting on it and so I figure I'd might as well say something regarding this situation.. 

First off let me start off by saying EXACTLY like the OP of this thread.. I had an s8 version prior to buying an s10 version more specifically I HAD an s8+ and now HAVE an s10+. I am very careful with my phones and prefer to spend more money on cases and screen protectors to protect my investment so basically I'm telling you I dont use any cheap "let's try it out" kinda cases I use the best. And so when I had my s8+... which I still have btw.. I NEVER had an issue, any damage, any cracked screens or any problems relating to physical damage. And not that I didn't abuse it either.. that thing was dropped countless times on both hard floors, soft floors, outdoors, on concrete, on metal, on wet ground, it was even picked up and thrown directly downward at a concrete floor full force and survived without any damage whatsoever aside from a decent chunk taken from the case that protected it.. point is no issues at all for a 3.5 year period. Not even the times the screen was bumped as other ppl suggested might have happened to the OP blaming them for the damage.. never did any situation do anything further than crack a tempered glass protector and that's it.. now as for my s10+..

I've had it around 4 months and same situation.. it is protected by the same brand and model cases that protected my s8+ and let me clarify why I'm saying "cases" rather than "case" just for those who read into details and arrive at the conclusion that I'm finding a way to be misleading to those skeptical of what I'm going to say by telling those ppl that I say cases bc I dont like to have just one. I like to have multiple for various situations and bc I often like to customize the designs on them and just to get into what I use I use brands like lifeproof, tech 21, otterbox, and basically any other of the highly rated military grade type protective cases made for phones with potential of being in rugged environments bc I am a line worker for centerpoint energy and well that's my environment daily.. so anyways s8+ no issues no damage.. EVER. s10+ on the other hand...

4 months of use.. no abuse whatsoever, no accidents, drops or falls, throws or bumps.. NOTHING.. all except for about 2 weeks ago while I was at home sitting in a chair cleaning off a coffee table that sits about a foot and a half I or maybe even two feet high.. the usual height of a coffee table.. I accidentally knocked off a ping pong ball sized piece of plastic probably even about the same weight even maybe slightly more but I don't know for sure bc it's so light I cant exactly weigh it.. anyways I knocked it off the table onto to the carpet floor where my phone was sitting as I was hunched over doing this and it landed directly on the left side of my phone and cracked my screen protector and I laughed.. shook my head and told my gf.. wow that actually cracked my tempered glass and said I'd change it later on but that that's why use them. Little did I know it would take me almost 2 weeks to finally have time/feel up to replacing it on account of how annoying the process of applying uv type tempered glass is regardless I got all my stuff out, removed the old cracked glass and proceeded to clean the glass to the phone all before I finally noticed.. wait a second.. the cracks are still visible.. as I was about to use the little stickers to remove dust... even with how stupid it sounds I attempted to re clean the screen thinking maybe some crazy way there was glue residue or a slight film of the adhesive making it appear there were cracks there but no.. that small tiny almost weightless piece of plastic had not only managed to crack the 45 dollar tempered glass I had protecting my phone.. but the actual screen itself.. you know the one that's supposedly gorilla glass...

Now to those who have read through ridiculously long post regarding this and I'm sorry for that but being detailed as I am to explain exactly what happened, how it happened and why I ended up at this conclusion is a big deal for me in hopes of validating my claim here and here it is...

I dont care what anyone tries to tell me.. about maybe this or maybe that or maybe in the two weeks before taking off the damaged tempered glass something happened.. NO SIR IT DID NOT. From the moment this plastic hit thr screen to the moment I removed the glass the damage was exactly the same.. a small impact point at the left middle area of the phone with longer cracks spreading outwards away from that point. You're telling me that after all I just said my s8+ went through that literally a near weightless piece of plastic the size of a ping pong ball can fall maybe 2 feet to the ground where a phone is sitting indoors and not only make it through a tempered glass but also this so called gorilla glass? Yea right.. doesn't matter what shape or whatever any other excuse anyone comes up with to explain how the damage is user error.. I agree with the OP on this that there is just something off with the strength or quality of the screen used on this model of phone. Given multiple ppl are stating they had s8 models or earlier models with no issue including myself.. I have plenty of Samsung products I even have an s3 frontier watch I wear at work bc its supposed to be for physical activities and also has "gorilla glass" and I use a tempered glass on that too not to mention I've banged that thing directly on the screen against transformers, wiring we use to build powerlines and all sorts of equipment, tools, and material us linemen use on a daily basis and its held up amazingly and never cracked more than the tempered glass which Ive replaced multiple times and will be replacing shortly today being that I just cracked another one at work yesterday.. so again I apologize for this insane length but I've read to many responses blaming those claiming their phones cracked due wear and tear or accidental physical damage during use or wherever they choose to keep their phone during the day but someone has to stand up and be specific and here it is.. either of the two..

1.) The s10 and s10+ models are being damaged and winding up with cracked screens near areas on the sides where buttons sit due to cheap materials or at the very least materials less capable of whatever was used on prior s series phones and/or watches said to of been built with gorilla glass for durability and protection.

Or

2.) These instances of damaged and cracked screens with impact points clearly visible and proof of outside force causing the damage are indeed caused by user error in which case users beware to take extreme caution not to allow any objects of any sorts that weigh more than a couple of ounces to fall a distance of one and a half feet onto the screen of the device as damage is likely but worry not the device does actually contain gorilla glass and can take a direct strike from a hammer coming out unscathed as the pictures imply..

Enjoy your s10 and s10 plus phones built for durability and water resistance. Just be sure to keep them away from water for fear of water damage or acid rain or whatever kind of excuse used to explain why a phone advertised as being dang near water proof drowns from a drop of rain and never take them anywhere near where a small piece of plastic can fall on it and crack the screen.

It's only over $1000 bucks to receive this bullet proof piece of hardware and communication we hold so dear in society these days and there's absolutely no reason to second guess forking over the cash for it bc you will receive EXACTLY what is advertised after all the television commercial says so and so it obviously must be true!!!

Am I right!? How comical..

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got my very first Samsung Galaxy s10 plus for 5 months and had the same problem recently.  Had too much hope for the first Samsung phone.  What a disappointment.  This is my first and also my last Samsung phone.  I was holding the phone in my hand while climbing out of my car,  didn't drop or hit any thing but I found a hairline crack across the bottom of the screen.  I have used so many smart phones of different brands,  never had such problems.  This is a very cheaply made and flimsy 1000 dollar phone . Anyway,  I contacted their customer service and was told I should have held the phone like handling an egg. They didn't care. I learned a hard lesson for $1000. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my s10 the first day it was available. I run a restaurant and herd cattle. Never an issue with mine. My screen protector ain't even on...no scratches. Tough as nails....pay the $99. It's a great phone overall.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

B more careful. Had mine since March, ride dirt bikes, herd cattle, run a restaurant, drop it, kick it, Otterbox if u plan on being rough. Or just buy an apple and wait for samsung technology...ur choice

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought the Note 10 Plus and had the same issue occur. . I have a whitestone dome glass tempered screen protector on is as well as a fusionX phone case. .  Completely inexcusable for this to be happening. . My notes 9 and 5 and 4 are all in excellent condition still. . .who do I contact at Samsung to help fix this issue before I choose to do like most everyone else and switch to Apple!