cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray

S10 + cracked screen - Samsung does not want to take responsible

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I used to have a Samsung S8 and put it in my jeans pocket all the time. That phone does not even have a screen protector and in 2 years it did not even have a single scratch on the screen.

Now I am using a new S10 plus, within 3 weeks, the screen is now cracked from the inside. I did not drop the phone, no outside damage, screen protector shows no damage, the screen just cracked from the inside.

I really expect $1000 phone has a proper screen, not something soft and easy to crack like this. I called Samsung Premium Care and they asked for $99 plus tax to replace another phone.

This is very frustrated for me because this is not my fault to have the screen crack. I spent $1000 for the phone and I expect it to have a proper screen which I am not worry about anything while put it in my Jean pocket.

I am tired of back and forth argument. I am not supposed to pay anything. This is Samsung's responsibility for their products, and I expect to have a proper product in hand. This product is still under warranty and I need it to be replaced

Not sure if this happen to anyone else

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray

Re: S10 + cracked screen - Samsung does not want to take responsible

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Rydah 

So I contacted Samsung Premium Care, I agree to pay $99 plus tax for deductable and now they're telling me Repair option is not available, only replacement.

I don't want to replace my phone. Can you help? I spoke with Both SamSung Premium Care & Samsung customer Support, and they really don't understand the question. Samsung Premium care asked me to called Samsung CS, and Samsung CS asked me to call Samsung Premium Care

I wasted 1 and half hour yesterday on the phone, result in cancelling 1 existing claim, created another and still can not repair my phone

Please advise. This is too much

29 REPLIES 29
Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pics

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you provide pictures of the damage here?

@SamsungCole 

Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

56462392_2275507279194680_1254762729747513344_n.jpg56587604_2279599498986781_5690001402777042944_n.jpg56649402_1195593400621993_4173510074750205952_n.jpg56685832_290306511889628_2880676415588532224_n.jpgcracked phone.jpg

Samsung_3Mmw3dX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to mine in the same spot. 

Sammirae237
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung has very very poor customer service and is concerned with its customers to the bare minimum...

In 2016 I had insurance and everything on my s6.

The phone caught fire!! And they claimed they would replace it...

They ended up sending me a phone that literally glitched right after I turned it on and then it also caught fire After syncing my Google account.

Mind you, the time for me to send the first phone in and recieve a new one was about a 5 week process!!. And it happened twice!!

Then when the 3rd phone had an issue, they said my warranty was up and that I'd have to buy a brand new phone!!! I'm still paying on that phone!!!

Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I posted pic with the post, and with my response but it did not show up lol

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try with the chrome browser 

Samsung_bUC1n7M
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just did in your previous response. Thank you sir

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

From the looks of it, it looks like there was impact by the power button. To my knowledge I know that the warranty only covers defects and not physical damage. Only thing I can suggest is taking it into your nearest your nearest ubreakifix or send it into Samsung. I tagged a moderator hopefully they can help you with your issue