cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
uservt39ID4W1t
Constellation

S10 - default apps - links not opening in facebook app

I'm using Galaxy S10 with Facebook/Chrome apps updated. 

 

When I type m.facebook.com in Chrome it should open Facebook app because it is set as default app in Android. But it does not. Page opens in Chrome. However if I put fb.gg or fbwat.ch - these two are opening correct in Facebook app. 

 

What is wrong here? That is not correct behaviour as compared to my previous Android-based Huawei P10.

12 REPLIES 12
Honored Contributor

Re: S10 - default apps - links not opening in facebook app


@uservt39ID4W1t wrote:

I'm using Galaxy S10 with Facebook/Chrome apps updated. 

 

When I type m.facebook.com in Chrome it should open Facebook app because it is set as default app in Android. But it does not. Page opens in Chrome. However if I put fb.gg or fbwat.ch - these two are opening correct in Facebook app. 

 

What is wrong here? That is not correct behaviour as compared to my previous Android-based Huawei P10.


If you have facebook app installed, use it.  Why would you need to type m.facebook.com in the Chrome browser?

You are accessing m.facebook.com through browser and you are telling it that you just want to the page.  For example if I have an ebay link in my Gmail, then when I click it, eBay app opens and takes me to that item. Look at some notifications in your email that point to facebook.  


Reply
Loading...
uservt39ID4W1t
Constellation

Re: S10 - default apps - links not opening in facebook app


@Charkatak wrote:

@uservt39ID4W1t wrote:

I'm using Galaxy S10 with Facebook/Chrome apps updated. 

 

When I type m.facebook.com in Chrome it should open Facebook app because it is set as default app in Android. But it does not. Page opens in Chrome. However if I put fb.gg or fbwat.ch - these two are opening correct in Facebook app. 

 

What is wrong here? That is not correct behaviour as compared to my previous Android-based Huawei P10.


If you have facebook app installed, use it.  Why would you need to type m.facebook.com in the Chrome browser?

 

You are accessing m.facebook.com through browser and you are telling it that you just want to the page.  For example if I have an ebay link in my Gmail, then when I click it, eBay app opens and takes me to that item. Look at some notifications in your email that point to facebook.  


1. The answer is pretty simple - i do search in Chrome via google and as a result I receive facebook link, when I click it, i want the app to open, not the page in Chrome.

 

2. Sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about. The whole idea of default apps is - if you type a link, that is handled by default app, it should be opened in a default app. So m.facebook.com does not mean that I want a page. Thats how it works on other Android phones.

Reply
Loading...
uservt39ID4W1t
Constellation

Re: S10 - default apps - links not opening in facebook app

Oh and if I click link in Gmail - it opens in Chrome, not in facebook app as it should.

Reply
Loading...
Honored Contributor

Re: S10 - default apps - links not opening in facebook app

Try this: go to settings>apps>search for Facebook>set as default >and there you should have options about url. Similar to the image


Reply
Loading...
uservt39ID4W1t
Constellation

Re: S10 - default apps - links not opening in facebook app

Yes, I know where to configure this and have this set for facebook app. But the URL list is not editable. It is predefined by the application:

- fb.com

- m.fb.gg

- facebook.com

- m.facebook.com

- fb.gg

- www.alpha.facebook.com

- m.fbwat.ch

- www.fb.gg

- www.facebook.com

- www.fbwat.ch

- fbwat.ch

Reply
Loading...
Honored Contributor

Re: S10 - default apps - links not opening in facebook app


@uservt39ID4W1t wrote:

Yes, I know where to configure this and have this set for facebook app. But the URL list is not editable. It is predefined by the application:

- fb.com

- m.fb.gg

- facebook.com

- m.facebook.com

- fb.gg

- www.alpha.facebook.com

- m.fbwat.ch

- www.fb.gg

- www.facebook.com

- www.fbwat.ch

- fbwat.ch


What if you clear default on chrome app? 


Reply
Loading...
uservt39ID4W1t
Constellation

Re: S10 - default apps - links not opening in facebook app

Tried this as well. Then it just asks which browser I want to choose for a webpage - Chrome or Firefox. I checked these facebook links in both browsers and are not working in any of them.

Reply
Loading...
Honored Contributor

Re: S10 - default apps - links not opening in facebook app


@uservt39ID4W1t wrote:

Tried this as well. Then it just asks which browser I want to choose for a webpage - Chrome or Firefox. I checked these facebook links in both browsers and are not working in any of them.


I don't use facebook, don't have account anymore.  But try to contact their support, that is what I do if there is a possible issue.  

 

You tried wiping cache partition on your device?


Reply
Loading...
uservt39ID4W1t
Constellation

Re: S10 - default apps - links not opening in facebook app

Yeah facebook support... there is no such thing... will wait for an answer from Samsung...

 

No I did not wipe cache partition and I am not going to do this. I only reinstalled whole facebook stack (including messenger).

Reply
Loading...