cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S10 fast charging - how fast should it be?

I recently bought S10 and all this fast charging functionality confuses me. I don't know what is going on how to understand it, but I repeated below tests on two different S10 and results were the same. 

When I plug in my phone to cable charging (using original charger and USB cable) I can see on the screen that "Fast charging is in progress.." and time to have it fully charged (from 10% to 100%) is ~2h. App Ampere shows charging parameters as 5V and 1000mAh, which is 5W. How is that possible?! 2h and 5W on fast charging? 

The same thing happens when wireless fast charging. I use original wall charger and USB cable, and 15W wireless pad. Charging parameters the same - 5V, 1000mAh and 2h to reach 100%. 

Situation changes slightly when I use custom wall charger (TOPK 18W). Then during cable charging I can see parameters as 5V and 2000mAh, which is 10W and shows 1h to fully charge it. Better, but still definitely not 15W as advertised by Samsung. 

Unfortunately, wireless charging is still poor. Although I also used TOPK 18W wall charger (and 15W wireless pad) I still can see only 5V 1000mAh charging, and 2h to charge it. What is interesting I can also see on the screen "Wireless FAST charging in progress..". 

Could you clarify how to understand above results? And what are your experiences with fast cable/wireless charging? 

4 REPLIES 4
Sun

Re: S10 fast charging - how fast should it be?

it should take about 1hr 30min to fast charge based on my tests.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted
Sun

The lowest my phone has gone down to was about 33%. I plug it in to fast charger. It seems fast because I'll walk by it after forgetting about it and its full. I say about an 1hr.
Highlighted
Asteroid

You mean cable or wireless charging? 

Highlighted
Sun

wired charging is the fastest.