cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AllStrobedUp
Cosmic Ray

S10+ no remote access option

So I left my phone at a business on accident over the weekend, I tried to use the Samsung "Find my mobile" app and it thinks my s10+ is a watch and says it can't find it. So I go to the Google "find my device" app and it said location service off unable to locate. I also could not locate it with my watch. So I got my phone back and come to find out I don't have the Samsung "find my mobile" app on it and I can not find remote control settings anywhere after tons of research. 

Help!

Galaxy S10+ on Verizon USA

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S10+ no remote access option

Hello there!

Located under Settings>Biometrics & Security>Find My Mobile, you do not see an option for Find my device?

You would have needed to enable a Samsung Account to be attached and you would be able to locate the device using this setting as long as location-based services are turned on. 

Can you provide a screenshot of the settings you see under Biometrics & Security?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

AllStrobedUp
Cosmic Ray

I have find my mobile, I do not have find my device.

See Below:Screenshot_20190610-183836_Settings.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you so much for providing that information. However, We would recommend calling in directly to have a live agent remote into the device to help ensure everything is properly set up and test the functions to assist with your concerns.

You can reach them directly at 1-800-SAM-SUNG for further assistance with remotely taking a look at your issue with accessing the features here: https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

Hope this message finds you well!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for that information, Just to make sure i have the correct understanding.

The screenshot you provided us with is the Built in to your phone, Find my Mobile by Samsung.

Find my device by Google LLC can be downloaded here at this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.adm

Do you already have this downloaded and the Application permissions set to on for location-based services?

Settings>Applications>Find my device>Permissions>Location.

You may also want to try backing up your device and wiping the cache partition using the steps below:

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

AllStrobedUp
Cosmic Ray

It is in fact NOT the built in Find my mobile app from Samsung. If you look it is Find my DEVICE from Google. If you read the original post I stated such. 

As you can see, it is Google not samsung:Screenshot_20190610-192704_Google Play services.jpg

AllStrobedUp
Cosmic Ray

I have already provided that to you. On the find my mobil...

I have already provided that to you. On the find my mobile web page it does not show my phone, it shows my mobile number and says the watch can not be found. Something is up.

AllStrobedUp
Cosmic Ray

Re: I have already provided that to you. On the find my mobil...

I still can not get the find my mobile application to show up on my device. This is very frustrating. Does Verizon force me to use the Google app "Find my device" it is useless without remote control option. I want find "find my mobile"!

Samsung Care Ambassador

Verizon is notorious for this kind of stuff. They lock out some really good features; call & message continuity, Samsung cloud, find my mobile. 

I literally traded in my Verizon S10+ and purchased an unlocked model so I could have full use of all these features. 

When I click on the find my mobile in the settings menu, i very clearly have a remote access option. Is this what you're looking for? Send a screen shot of what your screen looks like when you click the find my mobile option on the settings menu 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
Samsung Care Ambassador

20190625_213951.jpg

This is what I see when I click on the Find my Mobile. Does your Verizon branded s10+ show the same options?

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador