cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userPnmU194x3T
Constellation

S10+ not receiving security patch

I had bought an unlocked version of S10+ in Jun 2019, and so far no security updates have been received. Now few applications are shutting down and i am unable to use the app due to security patch not being updated. Last update was in April 2019. (Even before buying the phone). 

This is so disheartening that Samsung does not care about its loyal customers. (I have been using Galaxy Series since 2013) but this time, it's too much and should move on to Google phones.

Model: SM-G975U1

1 REPLY 1
RolfVonHessen
Cosmic Ray

Re: S10+ not receiving security patch

@userPnmU194x3T wrote:

I had bought an unlocked version of S10+ in Jun 2019, and so far no security updates have been received. Now few applications are shutting down and i am unable to use the app due to security patch not being updated. Last update was in April 2019. (Even before buying the phone). 

Have a look at Settings / About Phone / Software Information under the heading "Service provider software". This contains information regarding the country your device originally came from, the SIM-cards you're using and the active provider code. You'd have to do a bit of searching the internet to be able to interpret this, though.

You also can search for updates via the Samsung Members App. There are reports that this worked where the search via Settings / Software-Update didn't find an update.

And you could remove the SIM-Card, reset to factory settings, insert the SIM-card, and agree to the question it asks you about whether you would like to customize the device according to the SIM-card you use and the country you're in.