cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user6RD68zV07V
Asteroid

S10+ pictures saved to My File not showing in Gallery

I tried to save pictures from GroupMe. I can see them in My File. However I cannot see them in Gallery. The pictures are not hidden! I tried to find .nomedia in Pictures->GroupMe but it doesn't exist. I restarted my s10+ and only after that could I see in the Gallery what I saved recently. It's so toublesome to restart my phone everytime if I want to see pictures newly saved. I tired to uninstall and install GroupMe. I tired to give all premissions to GroupMe, My File, Gallery. However, none of them work.

4 REPLIES 4
Honored Contributor

Re: S10+ pictures saved to My File not showing in Gallery

@user6RD68zV07V wrote:

I tried to save pictures from GroupMe. I can see them in My File. However I cannot see them in Gallery. The pictures are not hidden! I tried to find .nomedia in Pictures->GroupMe but it doesn't exist. I restarted my s10+ and only after that could I see in the Gallery what I saved recently. It's so toublesome to restart my phone everytime if I want to see pictures newly saved. I tired to uninstall and install GroupMe. I tired to give all premissions to GroupMe, My File, Gallery. However, none of them work.

Why don't you just copy or move your images from GroupMe folder to DCIM\Camera?

Or see if GroupMe has an option to save images in another folder

user6RD68zV07V
Asteroid

I set this discussion because it's troublesome to open My File-Pictures-Groupme and search for pictures and move it to other folders every time. I think it just needs a software update. I DON'T want to have such bad experience with gallary.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@user6RD68zV07V

Have you tried creating a new Subfolder in the pictures folder and copying a few images into it to verify that the gallery app is scanning the new subfolders being added?

Sometimes uninstall/reinstall leaves a few folders behind. You might try moving the pictures from the groupme subfolder for safe keeping them delete that empty subfolder. Open the groupme app and see if it adds a new subfolder and check the gallery.

Best regards, 

CLF 

user6RD68zV07V
Asteroid

Hello CLF,

I tried to create other new folders, put pictures in it and the gallery shows the folder immediately. I deleted groupme folders and folders was created again once I saved pictures from Groupme in My File. It even works if I change Groupme Folder name! The gallary is able to scan pictures, but not ones saved in Groupme.

Best,

Gabriel