cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S10 plus cracked camera glass

Just to add to my below comment I have just looked at a friends phone and she has the exact same issue with hers. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I also have a cracked camera glass on the rear of my phone S10 Plus. Definitely a pattern here...

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung quoted me £61 to repair but they can't guarantee it wont happen again.... as I said mine has been fixed previously and the phone isnt even 1 year old. 

Really disappointed to be honest, have been a loyal samsung customer and was going to upgrade to S20+ as I am on the upgrade program but I have really been put off by this. Think I am gonna go into the original store that repaired it and see what they can do about it, seems to be happening too often......

Highlighted
Constellation

I have been quoted £200 to repair this. Absolutely outrageous. My phone has never been dropped, has constantly been in a Spigen Case and it isn't covered by the warranty. This phone was purchased direct from Samsungs Flagship London Store on January 25th this year. All lenses are fine, it is the glass protector that is cracked. I, like someone above, who has been a loyal Samsung Smartphone customer, will change brands in future if this issue is not sorted by Samsung for a considerably reduced repair price. My original S1, then S5 both still work and are in perfect condition. S10+ ,7 weeks old, never dropped and I'm being asked to pay £200 for this ? Samsung, you are about to lose a customer Smiley Mad

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userRmPv3MfG3L 

I know it's not a solution, as physical damage is physical damage and "never dropped" or "always had a case on" statements mean nothing when a part is physically damaged and there is no way for the repair shop or Samsung's customer care to verify how it happened. The policy is simple, physical damage is not covered under warranty. 

BTW, have you done some research of other brands? You should before you switch... Apple charges between $400 to $600 for back glass replacement (and the camera cover can not be replaced by itself). Probably even more in your country. Something to keep in mind.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Product Expert

@Geno71 that's the simplest way it can be described. We spend alot of time trying to explain this to consumers.