cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

S10 plus cracked camera glass

My s10 plus camera glass got a crack can it be replaced and will my phone be waterproof again and how much can it cost me 

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S10 plus cracked camera glass

The quickest option for a repair is uBreakiFix. They are an authorized repair center and can complete most repairs the same day. They would be able to provide you with the cost as well. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Certified repair will cost you almost $80 but because it is physical damage,   there won't be any warranty once it's been replaced. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Actually once the repair is made by a certified technician, the warranty would be restored until you reach one year from the date of purchase.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I hv a s8+ need to be fix

Highlighted
Astronaut

The I broke you fix certified repair people won't almost $80 to repair the cracked lens cover on a brand new phone if they say is not covered because of the physical damage.... There is definitely a design flaw in the Galaxy S10 this should not be happening

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Of course it's physical damage and of course it's not covered under warranty. $80 is actually not bad at at all. Watch some YouTube videos, maybe Jerry Rigs Everything, to see what goes on into taking a phone like this apart and putting it back together. Plus the part, or parts. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Constellation

My camera back glass has broken aswell. It is a cheap plastic for a very expensive phone. 

Please recall this model samsung.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

I'm pretty sure it's glass, not plastic. And glass can crack, it's not a recall issue. What kind of case are you using?

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Constellation

I had a repair on my phone about 9 months ago (motherboard failure, replacement required under warranty) when I picked up the phone there was a crack in the back camera glass. It wasn't there when the phone was taken in I had pics to prove this and was not mentioned on condition report by repairer so the manager said they would fix it which they did. 

Now it has cracked again. Pretty pants if you ask me as I was looking to do my 12 month upgrade, the gentleman on the support chat suggested it could be down to pressure and I have seen someone mention this happened after a flight on another forum. 

It has a Tech21 Evo Pure on it and always has done, there are no marks on the case nor anywhere else on the phone and it has not been dropped.