cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S10+ "Camera failed"

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is anyone else having this issue when they open the camera via double clicking the lock button, or opening it directly from the camera app, the picture on the screen freezes and they get a "camera failed" notification before the app closes, the the camera works perfectly after that? Also I've bee having trouble getting my camera to focus.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: S10+ "Camera failed"

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@DThack182 wrote:

Is anyone else having this issue when they open the camera via double clicking the lock button, or opening it directly from the camera app, the picture on the screen freezes and they get a "camera failed" notification before the app closes, the the camera works perfectly after that? Also I've bee having trouble getting my camera to focus.

- First try turning off your phone, then back on.

- Tap and hold camera app shortcut on your home screen. Then when context menu appears, tap on App info. Then go to storage and tap force stop, then clear data

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@DThack182 wrote:

- First try turning off your phone, then back on.

- Tap and hold camera app shortcut on your home screen. Then when context menu appears, tap on App info. Then go to storage and tap force stop, then clear data

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That might be a hardware Problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Charkatak thanks!! Clearing the data seems to have helped so far! The camera app runs much smoother now!