cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userIJUToXR0G5
Astronaut

S10+ screen goes off/black when answering calls

S10+ • Verizon....I just bought this phone 5 days ago and the screen goes INSTANTLY black, or off, as soon as I answer a call. It's done this since day one. I use speakerphone on most of my calls. With this phone, I have to hit the power button Every. Single. Call. to turn the screen on so I can put the call on speakerphone. This does NOT happen when I make an outgoing call... only when answering an incoming call. I've even set the screen to stay on 10 minutes (longest time you can set screen to stay on with S10+) before shutting off and it's the same.  I do NOT want to add an app to fix this and I'm NOT doing a factory restart. I've also already received 1 factory update. HELP SAMSUNG! VERY FRUSTRATING & INCONVENIENT

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung_kRP5USE
Astronaut

Re: S10+ screen goes off/black when answering calls

Annoying

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userIJUToXR0G5 Does this issue still persist when your phone is in safe mode?

user2kTEQDqV2c
Astronaut

I was having same issue. Phone was going black as soon as I swiped up to answer a call.  Put phone in safe mode and issue stopped.  How can I determine what app is causing this problem?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

There are two ways to do this. You can remove each app one y one until the issue stops, or you can factory reset and instead of auto-restoring, install the apps one at a time. Be sure to do a complete back up if you are going to factory reset.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.