cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dovi
Asteroid

S10 screen timeout issue

Anyone else having a issue with their screen timeout on their S10? I changed it to 10 minutes on inactivity but after a few hours it changes itself back. I contacted Samsung multiple times about this but every time they gave me a solution to try I couldn't tell them if it worked. I had to wait a few hours or days to get back to them but then I got someone else and I had to go over the whole story again and tell them which solutions I have already been given...

20 REPLIES 20
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S10 screen timeout issue

Hey @Dovi, I hope your day is going well so far.

By chance, do you have a power saver on or possibly a Bixby Routine?

Something is obviously triggering that setting to switch back.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Dovi
Asteroid

Hey Rydah, thanks for trying to help me with this. I don'...

Hey Rydah, thanks for trying to help me with this. I don't usually have on power saving mode and my bixby routine is actually set to 10 minutes screen timeout for every routine

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Hey Rydah, thanks for trying to help me with this. I don'...

Do you have any kind of work/corporate email or VPN set up on your phone?
"If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. Thanks"
Dovi
Asteroid

I don't see how that would make a difference but I have m...

I don't see how that would make a difference but I have my work email set up

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: I don't see how that would make a difference but I have m...

It's very much possible, I asked because I've seen it on my own work phones for years. You will need to check, but companies often push preset profiles with email access that can dictate what a screen time out should be, and security options, and overwrite users settings. and they often don't really explain it too well if at all when you set it up.

"If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. Thanks"
Dovi
Asteroid

How can I override that?

How can I override that?

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: How can I override that?

You'd probably have to uninstall your work email app from your device to rule it in or out as the culprit. What is your employer using for work email? VMWare, etc.? It may not do any good to ask the system admin at your employer as they often don't even realize the software they're pushing to the devices is also overriding user-defined lockout policies. My employer's BYOD email app locks itself after 10 minutes of inactivity, but it does not lock/power off my display. It simply requires a passcode after 10 minutes of inactivity.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

Samsung Care Ambassador

Like Chris said, if that's what's happening, the only way to get rid of those restrictions is to get rid of work email all together. That's why I use a separate phone for work, I could use it for personal use, but I decided to get a separate line and pay for it myself just to be sure I have full control over my phone.

user8YQkhQCFFu
Constellation

I'm having the same issue and I don't have a work email on my phone. It just randomly changes the screen timeout back to 30 seconds.