JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10 snapdragon 855 variant in Europe?

(Topic created: 04-05-2019 03:34 AM)
userbtTsQwvgcO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can I get the galaxy s10 with snapdragon 855, which is for USA, and use it in Europe? Will it has problems with the network connection, low signal etc. ?

16 Replies
userbtTsQwvgcO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I don't think it will happen in 2019, but we shall see.

0 Likes
userr7V3ZoY3io
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

hi, just read this thread. im living in uae w/c is an exynos region, im just curious what will happen with the OTA SOFTWARE UPDATES if i use a snapdragon s10 here. just want to have your 2nd opinion before buying my s10 soon, cheers!

0 Likes
userdJ6o4P8gfL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have an unlocked Note 10 plus (US version) with the snapdragon 855. I use it regularly in both the US and Europe. I normally use the Vodafone network in Europe. The only real downside is the lack of a second SIM slot. I have never experienced network issues with my device in Europe. You can always compare the network frequencies of your device with the desired network if you are concerned.

0 Likes
userGry32dVy78
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same question but im traveling to europe.

0 Likes
userbtTsQwvgcO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'd say it's not going to be a big problem if you are staying a week or two. I think it would be the same case with any other phone (Huawei, Apple etc.). If they are for US market they are going to have a low signal in Europe. But that's what I think, not 100% sure.

0 Likes
userpjpmg86xRV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Tbf, if you barely use 4g for calling and using wifi to call someone. I would go with the s10 snapdragon 855 Hong Kong version which qlso has dual sim capability. You can find it on ebay for like Ā£560. You get about an hour difference in the battery as well as better optimazation on the chipset because the exynos 9820 throttle a lot especially if you're gaming a game like pubg.  About warranty, as long as everything perfect in the first 30 days, that could last way longer in the future. Just make sure to keep the brightness below 50% qnd charge the gadget between 40 to 80% to expand the battery life and oled screen. Also, the HK version support unlocked bootloader which means you can root it down the road and it comes with normal google play store since HK still seperate from mainland china so far. So, you'll enjoy your device more than the exynos 9820. Hopefully, this will help you to make purchase decision

0 Likes
userTVVV2E2f8l
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unfortunately I'm experiencing slow data speed on my us snapdragon version s22 ultra phone in europe. It is about 50-80% slower on s22. For example on my old phone speed is around 6 - 60 mbps, but on my s22 ultra is around 0.5 - 30 mbps. What should I do? 

0 Likes