cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userNobksu1mlX
Asteroid

S10+ speaker no sound when playing music/video

The speaker of my S10+ often stops working suddenly. The issue is weird because it does not fail compeletely: No sound at playing music or video. However, still has sound when I do other operations, e.g., clicking a button. The issue can be resolved temporarily by rebooting the device, or plugging in and out the earphone cable, or connecting and disconecting to a bluetooth headphone. I am still annoyed  because the issue is not gone completely and afterwards will reappear.

I have reset the phone to the factory setting but with no avails.

I appreciate your help!

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S10+ speaker no sound when playing music/video

Do you have the phone connected to any other devices when this starts happening?

userNobksu1mlX
Asteroid

Thank you. But I don't think so. I tried turning off the Bluetooth and still no sound. Another reason is that if the phone uses another device as sound output, I will not hear sound from the speaker when I click the button on the phone. Am I right?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I believe this depends on the settings between the devices. I know the S10+ has dual audio capabilities. I recommend taking the phone by a local uBreakiFix location to have an authorized technician take a look. They would be able to test the various sound settings and connections to determine if there is an issue. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/