cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ turned off while charging and is completely unresponsive

While charging my phone last night, the phone just went black and since then it has just been like there is a dead battery in my phone. The phone will receive charge but won't power on. I have tried all of the button holding methods as well as powershare, which says my phone is charging and it still will not turn on. I'm lost on what it is I should do and I won't be able to take it into a shop until Wednesday. Have there been any solutions found as of yet?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

I'm sorry you're having this issue, as out can be frustra...

I'm sorry you're having this issue, as out can be frustrating not having a working phone.

Now, have you tried volume up and power, you have to hold it for 10 to 20 seconds. It simulates a battery pull. It'll show another screen , but all need to do is press power button again.

Re: I'm sorry you're having this issue, as out can be frustra...

Yes and there's no response still. It doesn't even vibrate

Samsung_mLPLXpm
Astronaut

Mine does it too...even when its fully charged what works...

Mine does it too...even when its fully charged what works is plugging it in waiting till the lightening/charging sign comes on...then when the circle with the power #%sign comes on..I hold the power button on and take the charger out

..I let go of the power button once I feel it vibrate...if that doesn't work...clean the phone with isopropyl alcohol and a cue tip...taking the back off and remove battery and clean battery too...works like a charm...ghetto af..🤦🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️but it works!!!!

Re: Mine does it too...even when its fully charged what works...

How does one take the back off of an s 10?

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Mine does it too...even when its fully charged what works...

@Samsung_RPvCyFi wrote:

How does one take the back off of an s 10?

Removing the back is not easily done. You would need to take it to an authorized repair center to do that. 

Knipex
Constellation

You don't try and do that. Send it back to your Carrier o...

You don't try and do that. Send it back to your Carrier or Samsung.

userktF7MLOfUR
Constellation

Same thing happened to an s8 plus of mine, sorry your pho...

Same thing happened to an s8 plus of mine, sorry your phone is dead officially but if you do manage to get it up and running dont let it die or it will do the same thing again best option is to get a replacement you won the unlucky phone lottery and most likely something is defective in the phone

userktF7MLOfUR
Constellation

You can attempt self repair but you need a heat gun and p...

You can attempt self repair but you need a heat gun and powerful suction cup a hair dryer work to but take quite a bit longer you should just give it back to the carrier than possibly voiding your warranty