cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elo2
Constellation

S10-ultrasonic-fingerprint-scanner-visible in sunlight/ finger print unlock response poor

I was wondering if I was the only one having and issue with the fingerprint scanner being visible. I went to my local verizon store and they basically treated me like I was nuts because it was " barely visible". I then came  the Samsung EU community where it seems everyone is having the same problem. Not only is my fingerprint scanner visible through the screen all the time but definitely far more noticable outside I have also been experiencing the finger print scanner not responding as it should? I've deleted the first finger print, redid it and I'm still having same issue print not recognized or tells me to press harder and only responds with what I feel is an unnecessary amount of pressure. I'm starting to wonder if the issues are connected ? Is anyone else experiencing this? 

Help!

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10-S10-5G/S10-ultrasonic-fingerprint-scanner-vi...

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S10-ultrasonic-fingerprint-scanner-visible in sunlight/ finger print unlock response poor

@Elo2 hi there! It is completely normal for the sensor to be slightly visible under the right lighting. As for your troubles getting an accurate reading, there are a couple things I can suggest doing. First, when registering your fingerprint ensure that you're getting all angles (upside down, sideways, etc). Second, you can try registering the same fingerprint twice. Let me know if either of these improve your issue. 🙂

Elo2
Constellation

Re: S10-ultrasonic-fingerprint-scanner-visible in sunlight/ finger print unlock response poor

Hello! Unfortunately it is only slightly visible when indoors and extremely visible outdoors , yes I have tried turning down the screen brightness. I'm not a fan that I can see it at all. As far as reading the fingerprint i did make sure I paid extra attention to all angles as mentioned the second time i did it. I have not tried registering a  2nd print, I will try it although I feel like it should work right with the 1st one !? 

Thanks for the info I'll let you know how it goes 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Elo2 unfortunately there isn't much more that can be done to reduce the visability of the sensor. It shouldn't be absurdly visable. Maybe since you first noticed it you're now actively looking for it? I wish I could help out more in that regard. 

As for the fingerprint itself, yes it should work right off the bat without much effort. Ensure your fingers/hands are very clean. Let me know what happens!