cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S10e Critical GPS Issues after Android update

I rely heavily on GPS navigation in remote areas.  I also rely on GPS for position tracking. This info is logged onto a server through my wireless network carrier.  This is critical to my work. Since the Android update my GPS has been erratic and unreliable, unable to get a solid position fix, and often showing me a few miles away from where I really am. 

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: S10e Critical GPS Issues after Android update

Wow. I have downloaded the update but I have not installed it yet because of the ill news I'm getting about it.

Please reply when you get a fix.

I will suggest you download other GPS apps.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I've gone through all available troubleshooting. I've chatted with Verizon and with Samsung. I even let Samsung have remote access.  We've come to "It appears to be a software issue," and "Try a factory reset," because they are scratching their heads.  I'm reluctant to do so.  I'll be out in the field until Jan. 8 and I cant risk a factory reset. I hate to admit that I'm a little too dependant on this device.

Highlighted
Galaxy

My Google maps has been misbehaving since I updated my phone to android 10. I set it on a direction and it keeps rerouting and showing a different direction all together. I don't know what happens with this update but Samsung has to fix this issue with immediate alacrity.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Still having GPS issues. Very concerned.

Highlighted
Constellation

Have same problem with my gps after update to android 10

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@useres3S4CZrky Have you tried clearing the cache for the app?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I've cleared the cache on apps, I've reinstalled apps, all apps are updated, tried resetting network settings, restarted the phone, optimized gps, cycled through gps on/off, airplane mode. I've been on the phone with Samsung support and Verizon support. Done everything short of a factort reset. I am hesistant. I work in a harsh, rugged and remote environment.  The risk of something else going wrong could compromise my personal safety even more.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@useres3S4CZrky Have you tried replacing the SIM card?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Not yet, this is going to be my next step. However, I will not be out of the field for a few more days.