cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user8MULyOaga6
Asteroid

S10e Doing odd things involving push notifications / possible wifi connection

Ok, So I will try and explain this as best I can. 

My phone will be on as normal, and then randomly in the day I will stop getting push notifications of anything other than a text or phone call. Emails stop, fb, instagram.. all that stops. 

Even if I go to download an app, it will just sit and stall and not do anything. 

UNLESS... 

If I reboot the phone then suddenly it seems as if everything is fine again. I've already factory reset my phone 2 times already and have only had the phone 2 months. 

Please tell me I'm not the only one having this problem! 

HELP!!!!

25 REPLIES 25
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S10e Doing odd things involving push notifications / possible wifi connection

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

user8MULyOaga6
Asteroid

Re: S10e Doing odd things involving push notifications / possible wifi connection

I did before I did the factory reset the first time. 

And I just did it again now. But since after a reboot it works fine before it doesn't it might take a while to know. But, definitely didn't help the first time. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I certainly understand your concerns. Please keep us posted if you still experience these symptoms in the future.

user8MULyOaga6
Asteroid

Well.. things were ok up until now. I'm back at.. push notifications don't happen unless for texts. And then I have to manually go into an app and refresh. 

userM0WhMA4kL6
Constellation

I had similar issue, just exchanged my phone today, and t...

I had similar issue, just exchanged my phone today, and testing right now. I'm just concern if it is a brand new or refurbished.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: I had similar issue, just exchanged my phone today, and t...

Have you tried checking if those apps that are not pushing out notifications are listed inside of the "sleeping apps" list? You can check this by going into your settings, device care, battery, clicking the three dots on the upper right, settings, tap on sleeping apps 

user8MULyOaga6
Asteroid

I checked sleeping apps  and nothing was in there. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you checked the battery optimization settings for the apps you are experiencing these symptoms with?

user8MULyOaga6
Asteroid

So, I should manually turn off optimization for any app im having trouble with? Why would this reset itself after restarting? Seems like a counterintuitive system.