Hello all. Got a Galaxy S10e back in July, interested in setting up Samsung Pay now due to a number of factors. However, I can't get past the 'getting started' screen. I really don't want to have to do a factory reset, and I have no change resolution option that seemed to have fixed it for other people. Has anyone been able to get this fixed without factory resetting or changing the resolution?
Have you tried force stopping and clearing the cache of your Samsung pay application?
Settings>Applications>Samsung Pay>Force stop
Settings>Applications>Samsung Pay>Storage>Clear Cache and restart your device.
Try wiping the cache partition on your device. See if that helps.
Follow these steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.
I've been having the same issue for months now and I have tried solutions the support team has presented in response to my ticket multiple times. This is the first time I've seen this solution and so I tried it and it also does not work.