cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJbXrRoIUI7
Asteroid

S10e does not vibrate for incoming calls when ringtone is set to vibrate

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I always have my phone set to vibrate. Text messages, emails, social media all vibrate when ringtone is set to vibrate.. incoming calls come in as silent, causing me to miss them ALL unless I happen to see that someone is calling. I cannot have my phone set to an actual ring tone while at work, so it needs to vibrate to let me know someone is calling. I have talked to multiple tech people from Samsung and they cannot figure it out. I'm assuming it is some kind of bug. If I set my ringtone to use an actual ringtone, there is then an option where I can choose to have the phone vibrate while ringing.. but it is only if the sound is on. The option is grayed out if you are in vibrate mode. Has anyone else experienced this? It is driving me crazy and may cause me to get a different phone. Edited to add: Samsung techs have remoted in to my phone to play with the settings and have not been successful with fixing the issue. If no one else has experienced this, is it possible I got a lemon and should try returning the phone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userJbXrRoIUI7
Asteroid

Re: S10e does not vibrate for incoming calls when ringtone is set to vibrate

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you all for your help. I just did an update, and within about 2 minutes of the update finishing, I got a call and my phone started vibrating! It was still not vibrating for incoming calls as of this morning and I didn't change any settings so the update must have done something to fix it!

15 REPLIES 15
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Phone does not vibrate for incoming calls when ringtone is set to vibrate

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userJbXrRoIUI7 wrote:

I always have my phone set to vibrate. Text messages, emails, social media all vibrate when ringtone is set to vibrate.. incoming calls come in as silent, causing me to miss them ALL unless I happen to see that someone is calling. I cannot have my phone set to an actual ring tone while at work, so it needs to vibrate to let me know someone is calling. I have talked to multiple tech people from Samsung and they cannot figure it out. I'm assuming it is some kind of bug. If I set my ringtone to use an actual ringtone, there is then an option where I can choose to have the phone vibrate while ringing.. but it is only if the sound is on. The option is grayed out if you are in vibrate mode. Has anyone else experienced this? It is driving me crazy and may cause me to get a different phone.

Settings>sounds and vibrations>toggle sound mode to vibrate

userJbXrRoIUI7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have done that! Samsung techs have even remoted in to my phone and played with all the settings. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue or if I got a lemon!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have any devices connected to your Bluetooth by chance

userJbXrRoIUI7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My fitbit! 

userJbXrRoIUI7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just disconnected from bluetooth and tried to call my phone.. still did not vibrate.. There has to be something I'm missing!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userJbXrRoIUI7 wrote:

Just disconnected from bluetooth and tried to call my phone.. still did not vibrate.. There has to be something I'm missing!

Try putting the device in safe mode and see if your vibration works

userJbXrRoIUI7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just tried and still did not work

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Rydah 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S10e does not vibrate for incoming calls when ringtone is set to vibrate

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userJbXrRoIUI7, have you tried clearing the settings for the phone app?

Also, I didn't see it mentioned but I assume Do Not Disturb mode isn't on and if it is, calling isn't restricted?

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.