cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userK7mx1wysfK
Asteroid

S10e fingerprint sensor not responding

I have the latest update from Samsung. Sprint phone. I've tried rebooting and it does not clear the error. I just keep getting an error message at the bottom saying "the finger print sensor is not responding. Please try again later. " The phone is less than five months old. 

13 REPLIES 13
Honored Contributor

Re: S10e fingerprint sensor not responding

@userK7mx1wysfK wrote:

I have the latest update from Samsung. Sprint phone. I've tried rebooting and it does not clear the error. I just keep getting an error message at the bottom saying "the finger print sensor is not responding. Please try again later. " The phone is less than five months old. 

Have you tried to deleting finger prints form your phone, restart the device and see if you see the error.

Swimguy14
Asteroid

I have the s10+ but same exact error. Latest update was installed a couple weeks ago and the issue just popped up a few days ago. I have rebooted, wiped cache, booted into safe mode, and even factory reset. The reset fixed the problem for all of 10 hours before it stopped working once again. This is very annoying..spending $1k on a phone for it to stop working less than 5 months in? 

Highlighted
Swimguy14
Asteroid

@Charkatak this suggestion of clearing registered prints can't be done. Trying to click into fingerprint settings, popup message says "an error has occurred with the fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, please restart the device. " gee, if only that actually was a solution. . 

Honored Contributor

@Swimguy14 wrote:

@Charkatak this suggestion of clearing registered prints can't be done. Trying to click into fingerprint settings, popup message says "an error has occurred with the fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, please restart the device. " gee, if only that actually was a solution. . 

If even factory reset didn't do it, then Samsung support is the salvation...altought I stay away from the so-called support.  

Just to be sure, when reset was done, you didn't restore from backup, right?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

userK7mx1wysfK
Asteroid

This is the same message I receive. I can't get rid of the registered fingerprints. 

@Swimguy14 wrote:

GB2019GB
Constellation

@userK7mx1wysfK I got the same issue with my S10e (Verizon) as well on a phone less than 2 months old. I have done all that has been asked restart/reset/latest update/clear anything else I could and still can't get the fingerprint sensor to work again. I took it to a Ubreakifix shop and their diagnostic test came back good and said the fingerprint sensor looks good and seemed perplexed by the problem and suggested its something with the software and android causing the problem. 

I am at a loss so I am guessing I have to wait until another future update could fix the issue. I don't want to ship it back to samsung when I use my phone for work as well. I have been with samsung galaxy since their early days so this is a little disappointing 

Maker_Bayfield
Asteroid

I too, have had almost every Galaxy.  When my year is up, I am going back to the S9.  By far the best phone they have ever made.  My fingerprint sensor stopped working on my S10 a month after I got the phone and I am counting down the months until I can get rid of it...

Why can't Samsung send me a replacement, let me transfer my data, wipe my current phone and ship it back to them?  This would be nice customer service for a loyal customer.  But no, the want me to ship my phone to them and be without for 2 weeks plus...SMH

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Maker_Bayfield Thank you for reaching out. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2