cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useraEA7UAgqYm
Asteroid

S8+/S10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

has anyone upgraded from the s8+ to the s10+? if so , was it worth it? what are some of the major differences?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S8+/S10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useraEA7UAgqYm you get a ton of upgrades. Much improved camera, more camera and recording options period, a better screen, much faster processor, 8GB of RAM standard, upgraded graphics processing capabilities, reverse wireless charging to charge any device that has wireless charging with your phone, an ultra sonic fingerprint sensor underneth the screen, much improved audio quality (this phone gets LOUD). There is so much more. Should you upgrade? Are you able? Then it is an astounding yes yes yes! haha 🙂

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useraEA7UAgqYm you get a ton of upgrades. Much improved camera, more camera and recording options period, a better screen, much faster processor, 8GB of RAM standard, upgraded graphics processing capabilities, reverse wireless charging to charge any device that has wireless charging with your phone, an ultra sonic fingerprint sensor underneth the screen, much improved audio quality (this phone gets LOUD). There is so much more. Should you upgrade? Are you able? Then it is an astounding yes yes yes! haha 🙂

useraEA7UAgqYm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thanks ! the s10+ is highly anticipated and I'm pretty sure it wasn't going to be a let down.. I'm sure it will be everything I want plus more , but I'm going to miss 1 thing on my s8+.. I'm going to miss the L.E.D notifications 😖.. that's another great distinction that the galaxy flagships held

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useraEA7UAgqYm I already got into some "hot water" here in the Community for setting some expectations about the LED notification replacement. I can't say much, but there may just be a solution from Samsung in the works eventually via a software update that will provide notification reminder functionality. But shhhh you didn't hear it from me haha. 

useraEA7UAgqYm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thanks ! either way , I'll still be getting the s10+ 😅.. do you know much about the integrated camera system for snapchat? I've seen videos about Instagram optimization, but not so much on snapchat

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useraEA7UAgqYm I don't use SC myself so I can't say. I do know that it was a part of the annoucement. Maybe someone else can chime in here. 😋

useraEA7UAgqYm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ig , we'll have to wait it out and see.. thank you for your time and help

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since the same company is behind the S10 series and I seem to have no good experiences to relate to for the few times I needed support for my S8 I'm a hard pass on S10 series. I am hoping my Geeksquad S8 replacement lasts until I'm ready to upgrade again and then currently Google or Apple are my front runners for consideration.

RicBozz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am surprised to see that's so many people who owned the S8 are still getting the S10!  I feel burned by the S8 and would never consider buying another Samsung smartphone.  SSDs are  great! TVs and monitors, sure. Smartphones, not so much.  Too bad. I still miss my S3.

I'm kind of surprised that anyone is buying any new model this year. I'll put off my next purchase until 5g has been rolled and there are more new phones supporting it than not. 

useraEA7UAgqYm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apple treats you like you're a teenage and gives you a bunch of restrictions to abide by.. I like the feeling of freedom and to have whatever customizations I'd like