cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_dKGWNVe
Astronaut

Re: SD Card Can't write

My sd card womt even read at all i cant access my music or pics and all the other data

userzbWZteK4Ea
Constellation

Same problem with the U2 Android 10 update. SD card still readable in my old S8 but can no longer read in my S10. Definitely a software bug. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

did you guys setup the SD card with encyprtion before you update it?

user7TMAfUN0hp
Constellation

Can't write to sd card

S10+ working well then after update suddenly has a permanent repeat 'can't write to sd card'.  Have tried mounting etc still same. Phone reads the current content which has been backed up, will not delete to reformat. Always starts reformatting at 20%. Any suggestions please to rectify????

userL2k3S2IDhu
Constellation

Same problem here!  Any updates on what to do?

Samsung_AqZ9gT9
Astronaut

Unencrypt the sd card, unmount and remove. Restart device, let device run for a few minutes, turn device off and remount the card. Then you can Encrypt if you like. FYI, if it's some China remake cheap version of a SD card you continue to have issues, buy a suitable SD card whenever possible

userpfrS35KO8U
Constellation

I have the same issue after the update what's the fix? Reformat starts at 20 percent and fails. The card works perfectly on my pc.

It's a genuine Samsung sd card. 

@Samsung_AqZ9gT9 wrote:

Unencrypt the sd card, unmount and remove. Restart device, let device run for a few minutes, turn device off and remount the card. Then you can Encrypt if you like. FYI, if it's some China remake cheap version of a SD card you continue to have issues, buy a suitable SD card whenever possible

@Samsung_AqZ9gT9 wrote:

usermuauIKgQSM
Constellation

Same problem here.

I updated to Android 10 in January, and almost immediately got the error message.

Card is a Samsung 128 GB which always worked fine, and still does on the computer.

It's obviously a software bug.

usermuauIKgQSM
Constellation

Hello,

I'm kind of new to the forum here so I've only just now seen this thread.  I see a lot of "me too" here but no suggestions of what to try or to do other than someone posting, contact Samsung.  So has anyone found a solution, if so please post it here to help others. 

If not, it is a apparent that this started after an update.  As a long time Android user I can remember when Factory Resets were just about the norm after big updates due to bugs and while the patches have gotten better bugs still exisit.   

Personally I would start by clearing the partition cache.  This will usually clean out most of junk left over from the update and often clears up whatever may be causing the issue.

This link will help you do that... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjDrrub0cPn...

I don't have the issue so for anyone who does, if this works for you please post back to help others who may find their way here, as I'm seeing posts from just hours ago on a month old thread.