JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SD Card Can't write

(Topic created: 02-09-2020 06:51 AM)
userK5eKeAKvzX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, I have a "cant write to SD card" notification  permanent on my phone. This happened after the new 2 UI update, my 64G sd card works in other devices and was working fine before the update. Can we fix this in the next update please?

S10+

65 Replies
userpGHiIf4bSt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

same issue here with my S10+ , were you able to solve the problem? thanks

0 Likes
userL2k3S2IDhu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem here!  Any updates on what to do?

0 Likes
MKULTRA83
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unencrypt the sd card, unmount and remove. Restart device, let device run for a few minutes, turn device off and remount the card. Then you can Encrypt if you like. FYI, if it's some China remake cheap version of a SD card you continue to have issues, buy a suitable SD card whenever possible

0 Likes
userpfrS35KO8U
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same issue after the update what's the fix? Reformat starts at 20 percent and fails. The card works perfectly on my pc.

It's a genuine Samsung sd card. 

@MKULTRA83 wrote:

Unencrypt the sd card, unmount and remove. Restart device, let device run for a few minutes, turn device off and remount the card. Then you can Encrypt if you like. FYI, if it's some China remake cheap version of a SD card you continue to have issues, buy a suitable SD card whenever possible

@MKULTRA83 wrote:

0 Likes
usermuauIKgQSM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem here.

I updated to Android 10 in January, and almost immediately got the error message.

Card is a Samsung 128 GB which always worked fine, and still does on the computer.

It's obviously a software bug.

0 Likes
usermuauIKgQSM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

For all solid-state drive questions, please either email support@totalts.com or call 1-800-SAMSUNG and choose option 7 for SSD support. The SSD support team is available M-F 9 AM - 9 PM. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usermuauIKgQSM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@NichBoyce wrote:

Personally I would start by clearing the partition cache.  This will usually clean out most of junk left over from the update and often clears up whatever may be causing the issue.

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't help in my case.

0 Likes
userCJf22uK51z
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here! The issue occured after the update to Version 10. Wiping the cache did not help.

0 Likes
userjXWp2nt3UC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here! Tried everything  format and 2 different cards still not working! Samsung needs to fix this!!  

0 Likes