JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SD Card Can't write

(Topic created: 05-12-2020 01:01 AM)
userK5eKeAKvzX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, I have a "cant write to SD card" notification  permanent on my phone. This happened after the new 2 UI update, my 64G sd card works in other devices and was working fine before the update. Can we fix this in the next update please?

S10+

WaamTech
Pilot
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just before 2 hrs i have updated my Android version in A6-Plus and facing the same issue. Before the update my card working perfectly so any solution please

0 Likes
canyoncat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having the same issue and it's been going on for a couple of months now. Phone was new in February. Sometimes it goes away for a while if I shutdown and restart but always comes back eventually. Nothing wrong with the card but definitely something wrong somewhere.

0 Likes
userQXhwllYqzU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi - just chiming in to note the same issue on non-Samsung phone running android 10. I'm on a Moto G Power and have exactly the same thing as described (acts like it's read only, can't reformat - shows 20% briefly then stops). Suspect this is an OS wide bug.

Xedge24X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Any solutions? This just happened to me, 128GB sd Card with no previous issues whatsoever

If this issue is related to the UI2 Upgrade I'm going to be mad

0 Likes
usere9Aw9gHCqT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue.  If my phone isn't on silent, I hear my notifications about every 10 minutes.  I checked everything and was getting ready to restart when the "can't write to sd card" notification popped up.  I kept seeing this and figured I just needed a new sd card, but the notifications were getting to me....so I decided to see if I could find anyone else having the same issue and found this thread.  It's really annoying!  Has Samsung even acknowledged this issue?

Xedge24X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I DM'd Samsung over Twitter and they said I was the first case of this (What a lie) I'm just starting to think that I need a new SD card... or just get an iPhone cause my card was working like a charm before this upgrade

0 Likes
userQnBt9zYWkA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

for those who still have this problem , this is how I fixed .

I removed sd card from my samsung J600F and put it in another samsung galaxy A5 2017 . it fixed itself .

0 Likes
userWGzdM0wQQ1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem. Sd card works fine in other devices. Only this message since update. 

0 Likes
userg47K4rOm7s
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here..started 2 days ago after update..not happy.  S9

@userK5eKeAKvzX wrote:

Hi, I have a "cant write to SD card" notification  permanent on my phone. This happened after the new 2 UI update, my 64G sd card works in other devices and was working fine before the update. Can we fix this in the next update please?

S10+

0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

Give these steps a try to wipe the cache partition on your device: 

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device
Please let me know if you continue to experience these symptoms.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes