JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SD Card Can't write

(Topic created: 11-17-2020 01:58 AM)
userK5eKeAKvzX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, I have a "cant write to SD card" notification  permanent on my phone. This happened after the new 2 UI update, my 64G sd card works in other devices and was working fine before the update. Can we fix this in the next update please?

S10+

65 Replies
userov0BKvry4f
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

<edit> Got the same on my S9 after an update. I always had SD card related errors with the Galaxy series.

Wipe cache -> doesn't work

clear UI cache -> doesn't work

Why don't you get it under control, Samsung?

I even can't backup all of my data, as some of it seems to be corrupted now. And I don't have the time and the desire of doing it every few weeks. Doesn't matter which SD card I use. Even with a factory reset the error occurs after some time.

Imho it is Software related. I really like the Samsung phones, but this is a no go. Well done, Samsung.

0 Likes
usereLCftTnLl4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having the same problem, and it recurs. The phone is a year old, and clearly it's a software update problem. I am far from amused, as it lost pictures I took at my son's wedding, for crying out loud. If they can't fix the software, I am going to take this thread to the seller and demand a refund. I have Samsung products all through my house, but I am totally disgusted at the lack of clear response to a software problem that is clearly widespread (multiple Galaxy models on multiple threads) and of fairly long duration. There needs to be a software update that fixes the problem NOW.

0 Likes
aingham
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem with my Note 10+ after the recent update. Come on Samsung, get a fix out there. 

0 Likes
userabDUU0TxGv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem for me on my A70 since Android 10 update.

A new SD card and a factory reset haven't fixed this issue.

Was thinking intially it was a hardware problem but after factory reset fixed it for a while and reading this thread it's apparent that it's a software bug

0 Likes
useraw7LFsRgrz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I literally just got this message TODAY! Was listening to music on my S10+ through Tidal and this message... which is weird cause I've had this SD card through 3 different devices with no problem. Please fix this Samsung!

0 Likes
user8kggumspsp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had this problem as well when I updated my software. I was about to copy everything that is on my SD card to my laptop, so I could format my SD card. That is how I got around this before. But this time, I had a notification come up saying that I needed to update my time zones. Maybe because your phone had an update, it messes up the times and dates on your phone? But I am not entirely sure. So, if this happens again, make sure to save anything you want to keep unto another device and wait a little until 'update your time zones' notification comes up. If that fails, I suggest formatting your SD card. But make sure you save anything you want to keep on another device 

I hope this helped you in some way, and I wish you the best of luck in the next software update 

0 Likes
Solution
userXicRzIVMnt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Had the same problem and fixed it.
1. Unmount and backup on your PC/Laptop

2. Reinsert SD card to phone/tablet

3. From Settings navigate to Storage (on my device its located under Device care

4. Navigate to SD card and format

Bingo! Should work

userHzUVRjZYYT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine started having this problem a couple weeks ago with the last software update.  From multiple people I have seen that reformatting only works for a short while.  We don't want a band-aid that we have to keep replacing - we want a cure!  My SD card still has over 90 GB left, this is ridiculous.  It's worked on 3 different phones just fine.

0 Likes
usereo051oh5Xf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How is this a solution? When it only lasts a little while. I have a perfectly good card that works in everything else but my s10+ . This is not a solution, this is only a bandaid.

0 Likes
userHzUVRjZYYT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This DOES NOT WORK!  It is only temporary...fix your software!!

0 Likes