cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Re: SD Card Can't write

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem, and it recurs. The phone is a year old, and clearly it's a software update problem. I am far from amused, as it lost pictures I took at my son's wedding, for crying out loud. If they can't fix the software, I am going to take this thread to the seller and demand a refund. I have Samsung products all through my house, but I am totally disgusted at the lack of clear response to a software problem that is clearly widespread (multiple Galaxy models on multiple threads) and of fairly long duration. There needs to be a software update that fixes the problem NOW.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my Note 10+ after the recent update. Come on Samsung, get a fix out there. 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem for me on my A70 since Android 10 update.

A new SD card and a factory reset haven't fixed this issue.

Was thinking intially it was a hardware problem but after factory reset fixed it for a while and reading this thread it's apparent that it's a software bug

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I literally just got this message TODAY! Was listening to music on my S10+ through Tidal and this message... which is weird cause I've had this SD card through 3 different devices with no problem. Please fix this Samsung!

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this problem as well when I updated my software. I was about to copy everything that is on my SD card to my laptop, so I could format my SD card. That is how I got around this before. But this time, I had a notification come up saying that I needed to update my time zones. Maybe because your phone had an update, it messes up the times and dates on your phone? But I am not entirely sure. So, if this happens again, make sure to save anything you want to keep unto another device and wait a little until 'update your time zones' notification comes up. If that fails, I suggest formatting your SD card. But make sure you save anything you want to keep on another device 

I hope this helped you in some way, and I wish you the best of luck in the next software update 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had the same problem and fixed it.
1. Unmount and backup on your PC/Laptop

2. Reinsert SD card to phone/tablet

3. From Settings navigate to Storage (on my device its located under Device care

4. Navigate to SD card and format

Bingo! Should work

View solution in original post

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am getting the same message plus I have over 13k pictures that I can no longer see. Has Samsung found a solution to this because I've tried all the above suggestions and nothing has worked
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Obviously, there is some thing wrong with the majority of the Samsung Phones. I have the same problem on my Note 10+ withe two different SD cards, my original 128GB  and a new 256GB. Both were reformatted. 

A shame. 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I purchased two Samsung A21s in August for myself and my wife. Sd cards (SanDisk) from the old phones used which I reformatted before inserting. Worked fine for approx a month and then got the message 'can't write to sd card message', lost access to a number of photos which was annoying. The same issue occurred with my wife's phone at the same time. I reformatted the sd cards which solved the problem for a short while then it happened again in both phones. It is clear to me that it is an operating system issue. It has put me off buying a Samsung in the future. The reformatting solution mentioned works but only for a short while.