JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SD Card Can't write

(Topic created: 01-13-2021 12:36 AM)
userK5eKeAKvzX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, I have a "cant write to SD card" notification  permanent on my phone. This happened after the new 2 UI update, my 64G sd card works in other devices and was working fine before the update. Can we fix this in the next update please?

S10+

65 Replies
aryes24
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am getting the same message plus I have over 13k pictures that I can no longer see. Has Samsung found a solution to this because I've tried all the above suggestions and nothing has worked
userdUlzOiaFFv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Obviously, there is some thing wrong with the majority of the Samsung Phones. I have the same problem on my Note 10+ withe two different SD cards, my original 128GB  and a new 256GB. Both were reformatted. 

A shame. 

0 Likes
userWgs5XaR130
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, I purchased two Samsung A21s in August for myself and my wife. Sd cards (SanDisk) from the old phones used which I reformatted before inserting. Worked fine for approx a month and then got the message 'can't write to sd card message', lost access to a number of photos which was annoying. The same issue occurred with my wife's phone at the same time. I reformatted the sd cards which solved the problem for a short while then it happened again in both phones. It is clear to me that it is an operating system issue. It has put me off buying a Samsung in the future. The reformatting solution mentioned works but only for a short while. 

0 Likes
userrrYbTYAJn0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am on my 3rd card and all have had 90% room left.  Each of the 3 works fine on other phones.  Tried the format procedure to no avail.  This too seemed to happen to me after the last update.  Wish they could fix it.  It is annoying. 

0 Likes
userm85bNW81CG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Me too convert to read only , S10 lite

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes