Original topic:

SD Card Can't write

(Topic created: 01-05-2020 01:12 AM)
userK5eKeAKvzX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, I have a "cant write to SD card" notification  permanent on my phone. This happened after the new 2 UI update, my 64G sd card works in other devices and was working fine before the update. Can we fix this in the next update please?

S10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION
65 Replies
userHxZq4pBhdK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks.....but no Bixby on the A40!!!!

0 Likes
userlPu2dYy4Bx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

it didn't help.

please help to fix it, it's really annoying to get this notification every couple of minutes!

also Samsung has blocked the card from writing and I can't do anything with it even on my laptop now.

@Stephanie Nikki 

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did you still need help with this issue?

0 Likes
user6x3BAitcoW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

the problem started with my S20 ultra after the last update

userj24O10j0VY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem on my S9 after OS update.

I starting having the same problem after updating the software on my S9. I cleared the partition cache and I even used the phone to format my SD card. First time I went into Settings>Device>Storage -- SD Card, it says "FORMAT". It will get stuck at 20% for a long time and suddenly tells you it is done. I can then load files for a while, and the problem comes back again, except this time, it tells me my card is corrupted instead of needing a "Format". Then I would format again, and it will work for like 10mins and tells me the card is corrupted again. If I leave the phone alone, it will pop up with a notification periodically to tell me my SD card needs to be formatted before I can use it.

It is definitely a bug from the OS that needs to be fixed. I feel like this is my Note 2 all over again when it had such a problem with external SD cards.

0 Likes
iamxeeshanali83
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung Galaxy A10 64Gigs. Recently had Android 10 update, installing it resulting in an error "Can't write to SD card" with stating it turned onto Read-only mode. But a simple solution is backup SD card data and format it using the phone itself.

0 Likes
userj24O10j0VY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I starting having the same problem after updating the software on my S9. I cleared the partition cache and I even used the phone to format my SD card. It will get stuck at 20% for a long time and suddenly tells you it is done. I can then load files for a while, and the problem comes back again, except this time, it tells me my card is corrupted instead of needing a "Format". Then I would format again, and it will work for like 10mins and tells me the card is corrupted again.

It is definitely a bug from the OS that needs to be fixed. I feel like this is my Note 2 all over again when it had such a problem with external SD cards.

0 Likes
useryVwxDntr2D
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've just bought a new Galaxy S20+  and a Brand new 128gb Samsung Extreme micro sd card. 

First I transferred photos from my old S9 to my new SD card.  Most photos transferred but a few albums didn't.  One containing 900 photos transferred over and no photos would open. 

Another album transferred and 1000 photos were all ghosted out.

So I set my new phone to write photos to my new sd card..... They don't appear  just a grey square in the album.

Set the photos to store on my phone....No problem. 

So... new phone,  new card and no photos. 

Any ideas guys please ?

0 Likes
deepakdaniel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I also had they same problem after the update . You can try this it worked for me. Go to app and search for system ui. After entering system ui clear its cache memory  and then force stop it. Then restart your mobile . This might fix your problem. 

useryKd1RpjR3n
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@deepakdaniel wrote:

I also had they same problem after the update . You can try this it worked for me. Go to app and search for system ui. After entering system ui clear its cache memory  and then force stop it. Then restart your mobile . This might fix your problem. 

Cearing the system ui cache fixed my sd card issue. I tried loads of other things but your obscure solution worked. Thank you very much.